Took Reading Day 4 and 6 of course I tasted!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrn

Reaction score
Ok... so I took a reading on day 4 of my first batch brewed which was American Amber!... Wasnt all that great to be honest! Only drew out enough beer to take a gravity reading plus just a bit for a taste. Wife said I should flush it down the toilet and taste it again once it hit the septic tank to see if it improved any lol. Took another reading today and wow what a difference. Of course its flat and needs more time but wow what a difference. Wouldnt mind having another glass of Amber right now lol. Tks to you guys who helped me out getting started on brewing this! Tastes pretty dang good and its not even carbed yet. OK and be honest you guys.... I bet you did close to the same thing on your first brew hehe

I still taste my beers when I take readings. Shame to waste good beer by throwing it away. :tank: Give it a couple of more weeks, then bottle and you'll notice an even bigger change. This early into the game, there's still a lot of yeast in suspension and it can give some funky tastes. Congrats on your first brew!!

Oh yeah... Also started making up a label... Thought it would be cool to serve one to a friend occassionally and would make it pretty cool to design a label for them. Picked up a label kit this past week and though I really suck at photoshop etc.... Heres what I came up with.
beerlabel-1.jpg

Tks Dub.. Not very good in ps etc... Live on a lake here in Kentucky so just wanted to be able to personalize a little bit. Just got to grab some spray on laquer to gloss it up after print and to keep the print from bleeding.

I still taste my beers when I take readings. Shame to waste good beer by throwing it away. :tank: Give it a couple of more weeks, then bottle and you'll notice an even bigger change. This early into the game, there's still a lot of yeast in suspension and it can give some funky tastes. Congrats on your first brew!!

Tks Hammy and I'm sure thats good advice but I'm getting pretty anxious too lol.
umm.gif
Hence the reason I'm starting another batch early and getting more ferm containers and bottles than what I truly need. Hopefully Within a couple weeks I'll be more on the page that your on and be willing to wait... Just going to try to get some type of rotation going before I get to that point.
drunk-1.gif

Latest posts

Back