Too Much Star-San?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husher

Reaction score
So, in another post I noted how I had to hastily prep a siphon unexpectedly. And unfortunately I had some starsan in the hose as well as the section above the plunger. when done it seeped into the brew. Let's just say 200 ML of liquid starsan got into a 19 liter batch (probably half that but let's err on the side of caution).

Now I know starsan sanitizes based on acidity and once diluted it's 'safe' for bugs. However I'm sure there are non active ingredients that may not be good in sufficient quantities. So, did I just poison a batch of beer? I remember someone say it's no rinse even if diluted 1 oz to 3 gallons. Think my recent 'contribution' may exceed that amount.

200ml? It is to laugh! :D

There have been posts by folks that have racked beer into carboys and kegs with quarts of Star San, and the authors lived to tell the tale...

Cheers!

200ml? It is to laugh! :D

There have been posts by folks that have racked beer into carboys and kegs with quarts of Star San, and the authors lived to tell the tale...

Cheers!

Thank you! This makes me feel much better!

Back