Too many mistakes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you thinking it will carbonate in the fermenter? Just asking because you sound surprised it's not carbonated at the moment.

You're going to need to bottle the wort mixed with a small amount of fermentable sugar. Once crimped the bottle cap traps the small amount of CO2 created in the new fermentation. Over weeks and months the CO2 will become fully saturated in the liquid and develop a nice amount of carbonation.

Bottled 4 weeks ago. Still not carbonated.

Don't. Unless you've done something like boiling the fermented beer, adding wine finings that kill yeast, or it's been sitting a year, there is plenty of yeast in suspension.

Is there enough live yeast in suspension to eat the priming sugar? I know that yeast has an alcohol tolerance limit, so will the Danstar BRY-97 be able to still survive and eat all the corn sugar to carbonate the beer in the bottles after living in 8.5% ABV?

I'm worried that I also just boiled an Imperial Stout with a OG of 1.112 and I don't have any information for the Wyeast London ESB yeast I pitched for it's alcohol tolerance. I'm hoping for a higher then average ABV then my other beers, but I don't know how it will carbonate, if at all. I'm worried I will have to pitch more Wyeast London ESB along with the priming sugar to ensure there is enough to carbonate. But then I wonder if the yeast will survive even I pitch more into a high ABV for bottling.

So frustrating not knowing what to expect or to do.

Back