Too boost og w/ dme or to not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachj9292

Reaction score
I recently had another problem with my beer. It was supposed to be 1.044 but ended up being 1.032. Now this was 6 hours after brewing because I didn't chill this one and just waited to pitch the yeast. I did not take a temp while i was doing the gravity reading because I broke my floating thermometer. It still felt a little warm in the bucket and I am wondering if it was hot enough to give me a low reading. This may sound like a stupid question but does 80 degree F beer still feel warm in the bucket? I am just trying to guess whether my temp was way high

And another problem...If i do choose to boil some dme and add it in order to boost the gravity to where it should be, i will have to wait four days at the least because I just ordered some dme online today. Will this be to long of a wait to "add on" to my beer with more sugars?

you should be golden.. i have added fermentables a week into a couple big beers in the past. and no, 80 degrees shouldnt feel that warm to the touch unless you have cold hands.

Back