Todays I bottle and a lil worried ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratfink559

Reaction score
Was this foamy stuff suposed to drop or is it fine if i just rack to bottle bucket leaving foam in carboy and staying off yeast on bottom ?
I think I like my other batch of red fermenting in bucket so I cant see it to worry about it ! These are my first two brews by the way !

ForumRunner_20120110_122540.jpg

ForumRunner_20120110_122653.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120110_122410.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120110_122410.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 263
How long has it been in there? If it's been long enough and you've reached your final gravity, then you're fine to just rack from underneath it. Sometimes krausens don't drop.

Been Two weeks fermentatiom donr now goin in bottle for another 2-3 weeks as Instructed by LHBS owner when was setup with all my supplys and equipment

I would also ask how long it's been there. If its been 3-4 weeks than I would maybe rack the beer from under the yeast or you could move it somewhere cold for a few days.

Personally I'd give it 2 more weeks in the fermentor before even taking a gravity reading. Yes you can bottle safely even at 2 weeks if the gravity is stable but a couple more weeks in the fermentor can give the yeast a chance to clean-up after themselves and drop out of solution.

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck

That looks like a Krausen and your beer is likely not done fermenting. Give it another week or so. As fermentation slows down the krausen will fall back into the beer. If you bottle it too soon it won't taste very good and you're really risking making bottle bombs.

Back