Today is a good day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosetav

Reaction score
I just finished my first all grain brew day. My entire system was new, so I had to guess on efficiencies, time, temps, etc. I was doing a fairly ambitious brew for the first go round, an IPA with an expected gravity of around 1.068. I ended up with a gravity of around 1.061. Not bad and still deffinitely within style. I guessed an efficiency of 70% and that was probably a little high for a first timer. My mash temp was a little higher than I planned and I think that probably contributed to the efficiency being a little lower. I did hit my volumes perfectly. First time using my bayou burner as well so I didn't know the evaporation rate but I nailed it. All in all, I am extremely pleased with how it all went. I feel I was pretty well prepped for the day and there weren't any of those "oh s***" moments. I learned alot of the hands on stuff that can't be learned otherwise. I am ready to do my next batch next weekend. I wanted to say thanks to the HBT community for all the help along the way. Brew on my friends, brew on. :mug:

Back