To whomever found my bankcard and returned it to the bank...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done this before. I would have never used it but I was very satisfied knowing that the person could rest easy. It also happened to be sticking out of an ATM in north Philly so there's a good chance it had been stolen.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear you had a good samaritan watching out for you.

Not all people are terrible people. It's just unfortunate that the terrible people are the ones that get all the headlines and make it seem like everyone is a waste.

Now pay it forward!

By a strange coincidence I just had $470 in fraudulent charges appear on my credit card. They were all to a Bed, Bath & Beyond in New Jersey.

I've started a photo contest amongst my friends as to what I may have bought in a BB&B in NJ. Winner gets a lovely selection of homecrafted beers.

I WORK at a bank. Seen this a couple of times....but not too often.

Most, (I hope) would cut such a card up and put it in separate trash cans, for the owner SURELY has cancelled it, and returning it would do no good......except to start such a thread as this ;)

I am a banker at CHASE, and no one could lose money if their card were lost or stolen, so just cut it up, should you find one.

I WORK at a bank. Seen this a couple of times....but not too often.

Most, (I hope) would cut such a card up and put it in separate trash cans, for the owner SURELY has cancelled it, and returning it would do no good......except to start such a thread as this ;)

I am a banker at CHASE, and no one could lose money if their card were lost or stolen, so just cut it up, should you find one.

I prefer to tie a few on 20# mono and troll around the west end until I find a keeper, but that's just me. ;)

I had a new discover card randomly show up in the mail a few years ago. My first thought was "the old one isn't even close to expiration!" Then I looked in my checkbook and sure enough it was missing. I looked at my purchase history online and the last thing posted was at North Peak brewery, where we had visited in Traverse City for a weekend getaway. I'm assuming I left the card there, they reported it and cut it up. So even aside from having some pretty respectable beer (Diabolical IPA) they will always have my respect as a brewing establishment.

So yeah, kind of a spooky feeling at first, but then a TON of relief. Creamy, hopefully that's some earned Karma there and not on credit. But you seem like the type that it would be just as good either way.:mug:

Y'know what? I reread this thread of mine and some folks very wisely pointed out that that there are far more decent, ethical people than there are unethical people, which is important to remember.

What I think, on my birthday weekend, I want to say is that even if we get to the point as a society that we NEVER hear of people doing unethical things, we should STILL celebrate when people do the right thing. Hell... how bad could celebrating all the time be? Sign my cynical ass up for that...

My Girls are notorious for losing their purses. It usually happens at the mall or in a restaurant. The last time the oldest DD lost her purse was in a local mall food court. A nice old couple was keeping a watch on it while we ran from Sears back to her seat. No harm done.

The last time it happened to my Wife was also at the mall, in the kiddy playground. She was there with our two year old and just forgot it. Mall security had it when we called. Someone took all of the cash out of it ($40 maybe) but all of the ID's and credit cards were intact.

They're also hell on their house keys. Usually, I find them hanging from the front door still securely seated in the deadbolt. That's always a good feeling, knowing a set of keys is just dangling outside for anyone to steal or just walk right in our house with.

My Girls are notorious for losing their purses. It usually happens at the mall or in a restaurant. The last time the oldest DD lost her purse was in a local mall food court. A nice old couple was keeping a watch on it while we ran from Sears back to her seat. No harm done.

The last time it happened to my Wife was also at the mall, in the kiddy playground. She was there with our two year old and just forgot it. Mall security had it when we called. Someone took all of the cash out of it ($40 maybe) but all of the ID's and credit cards were intact.

They're also hell on their house keys. Usually, I find them hanging from the front door still securely seated in the deadbolt. That's always a good feeling, knowing a set of keys is just dangling outside for anyone to steal or just walk right in our house with.

One time the wife and I was driving back from visiting some friends (ok, a friend and his horrible wife...) and we only had enough money to stay at this VERY leazy motel/truck stop/hooker hangout/drug den. The room wasn't very clean and there were cigarette marks all over. It was a long, mostly sleepless night before we got back in our car to finish our journey home. We coudln't find the room key.

Yep, left it IN THE DOOR!

So, thank you to whoever was at the motel that night and didn't kill/rape us!

Back