To Beard or not Beard a HBT facial hair analysis poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Beard or Not to Beard

• Yes, I am a Bearded Brewer

• No, I am not a Bearded Brewer

• I'm a woman and I aint saying what I shave or dont shave.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't usually shave, but when I do I use a BLOWTORCH!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391874349.176947.jpg

WARNING: Always use protective eyewear and FR clothing when shaving with a blowtorch!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just a blowtorch eh? When it comes to a blowtorch AND a corkscrew, then we'll talk.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

When it comes to a blowtorch AND a corkscrew, then we'll talk.

Corkscrews are fine if you're a bitter 40-something who doesn't 'get' men... Now if you would have added a pressure washer or belt-sander, I would be impressed.

At 25, i also dont 'get' your post. I do however understand that a pressure washer would be something to tip your hat to.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Went to the beard a few years ago and haven't looked back. The wife likes it, so that's a plus. I occasionally let it get all Grizzly Adams, but the wife always threatens to stop shaving too. She always wins that battle.

Loving that this thread is still alive and going strong with 271 votes!

Beard on!!!

:beard::beard::beard:

I prefer to call it my Beer'd

:)

That's funny because my five year old daughter refers to my beer as beard.

Welp, it's just about time for my yearly culling of the beard. March is the month of the moustache when it is allowed to shine, free of its burly underbrush.

NOT a bearded brewer...
Meet my GF when I had a Goat-T. She ensured that went away rather quickly. We have been together for over 2 years and I have been smooth shaven ever seance and I am ok with that.

Goatee here. Been there for almost 20 years now (wow...)
ALmost forget what my chin looks like, but I don't really want to find out. A couple times I wanted a full beard but my wife won't let me.

I'll be 34 in a week, and I finally gave up. Can't grow a beard, never will. I suspect I have some Eskimo genes I don't know about.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Until I leave the Marine Corps I will be a clean shaven "gentlemen." Head is shaved more out of necessity since the ol' hairline is in full retreat. Would like to grow a gnarly chin beard ala Scott Ian from Anthrax once I hit the first civ div.

I never had one until I started brewing. Now I can't imagine life without one!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395166504.996682.jpg

Beard all the way. I havent shaved but twice since 1988. Both times were to be fit tested for resperators at work.

What came first, the beard, or the brewing? That is the ultimate question.

(I've been heavily bearded for over 3 years and only brewing for a little over 1 year)

Bearded until the weather warms up. Nothing worse than an itchy beard when it's 90 degrees out! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Bearded until the weather warms up. Nothing worse than an itchy beard when it's 90 degrees out! ;)

I can think of one place that's worse. The only part of my beard that gets uncomfortably hot is when I start getting neck beard.

I rocked a viking beard for several years, got hot in my neck beard one day in late summer a couple years ago and took it down to the pasty white underneath. It only came back in the cold months. Also, SWMBO hates facial hair. When I worked outside she dealt with it in the winter. Now I'm in an office. Haven't gone for more than a week without shaving since. Every time I bring up growing it back she gets rather displeased :drunk: and you know the old saying. If momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. I like getting happy. :ban:

I have a short beard for about 6 months of the year which is the colder, winter months.

Summer ...no beard!!

I keep a goatee now, but had a full beard for many years...until it went completely grey/white! Got tired of all the little kids coming up wanting to give me their Christmas lists!

Where's the option for "Would if I could, but I can't?"

I rocked a full, ZZ Top style Beard with a capital B for years. Had to trim it when I was an EMT, and it's gotta go down to skin for work now that I'm an RN.

I'm honestly thinking about claiming to be Mennonite, so I don't have to buy insurance and get to stay shaggy.

OK, I've officially rejoined the ranks of the bearded. I still can't grow a decent full beard (too much Indian blood), but I now have a goatee again. I think it looks a lot better, now that it's mostly white with some grey mixed in.

Of course the wife doesn't like it; she complains that it makes me look old. I told her, "Hell, woman. I am old."

But I'm not suicidal; I didn't follow up with, "and so are you.":beard:

Bearded for years, Brewing just recently. About time for my brewing to catch up to my beard.

Presently I am not bearded, my wife complains that it makes me look too old. I'm 42, meh.

I would like to grow out a big fat hipster Grizzly Adams beard, let's see if I get the opportunity in the next while.

Goatee since college, started growing full beard for noshavember last year and it will be annual thing now. Wife hates it though, but also hates if I shave the goatee. go figure.

Also, I love this sig. I wear a Florida State shirt because I went to Florida State. You wear a FLORIDA shirt because you went to WalMart. It would apply to Washington State shirt vs UW shirt...

Back