To Beard or not Beard a HBT facial hair analysis poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Beard or Not to Beard

• Yes, I am a Bearded Brewer

• No, I am not a Bearded Brewer

• I'm a woman and I aint saying what I shave or dont shave.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Psycotte

Reaction score
We all hear about the "Brewer's Beard". How many of you have one?

The poll is up. Sound off HBT'ers.

Beards have become to me what Flannel was in the 90s. Something I wore regularly, but has now become the domain of the hip. So, I'll personally wait for the fad to die down and maybe grow another one in a few years.

Well, we certainly have a strong start in perpetuating the bearded brewer myth. Awesome. :D

My guess is that this poll will suffer from self-selection bias, and more bearded men will click on this poll and vote... So regardless of whether more homebrewers here are bearded or not, I think the poll will have bearded outnumber non-bearded men. I know, I know, life of the party here. lol

No beard here.

I have only been brewing for a year, but...I started clean-shaven, grew a beard and currently only have stubble that should probably be removed.

My guess is that this poll will suffer from self-selection bias, and more bearded men will click on this poll and vote... So regardless of whether more homebrewers here are bearded or not, I think the poll will have bearded outnumber non-bearded men. I know, I know, life of the party here. lol

No beard here.

This is for fun...not science. :mug:

Scientifically I suspect you are right.

Always have a goatee, it has become a big burly goatee but never fully shaved.
Went for the full beard for a while this winter but not a fan so I cleaned it up a couple weeks ago.

I always wear a beard of some kind. sometimes it a goatee, sometimes its wicked hockey stick sideburns, sometimes its handle bar mustache and others its a sole patch. Sometimes its epic and sometimes not so much lol.

Right now, I'm rocking a pretty bushy full beard with a "close to braid-able" goatee. I think its epic, others maybe not so much!

Had a full beard halfway through the last brewing, got pissed off at the steamy hairy mess on my face and shaved it off with 10 minutes left in the boil.

How DARE you not have a category for me!!!!!

;)

I've had beards before but not like the one I have now. Full and Proud baby! The funny thing is I didn't start letting this one go until I started brewing...I like to think of my homebrew as a "beard nutrient" lol.

Almost every male worker at my LHBS has a beard. It is a strange phenomenon hahaha. I started growing a beard after have a goatee for many years. It just felt like the grown up thing to do :)

Beard here, by request of my girlfriend.

Still not quite sure how to take that.

Bearded.

Although with much less gusto as there was a trimmer incident recently. Lesson learned, don't drink a bunch of homebrew and decide its a good idea to tighten up and shape the beard.

No beard here. Tried growing a goatee in college...didn't end well. Thought about giving it another shot, but.... technically against NFPA standards, so we'll see. (Yeah, that one gets broken a LOT)

I was about 25 when I realized hair loss was imminent. Grew a beard, shaved head looked the same ever since.
I think about shaving every once in a while just to see my face again. When ever I mention it the wife gets a little sensitive. I figure she has to look at me so keep her happy.

The thing about beards is...you just don't do anything and all of a sudden you have one. I am lazy so... Also - shaving has always felt so...unnatural? Why constantly remove an awesome hair mask that keeps you warm in the winter and wicks the sweat from your face in the summer?

Only get to grow mine when I'm on vacation. Work doesn't allow them (much to swmbo's delight).

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Home Brew mobile app

10 years ago I started rocking the goatee. About 3-5 years ago I could grow a full beard and did for the winter, come spring drop it down to the goatee again. The past 3 years all beard all the time. Run a buzzer with guard through it every now and then to keep a professional appearance at work, but that's about it.

I've also got a slight wave in the hair that goes from my head halfway down my back.

Lazy here too, plus the winter outdoors benefit and annual Santa routine.

Got weird a while back when strangers would brace me with a big smile and babble "happy, happy, happy". Buddy's wife had to explain it to me. Still don't get it:confused:

Fire dept won't allow it or else I would be rockin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391211546.952642.jpg

I let it go from the first sign of cold weather until after I get back from my annual 2 week snowboarding trek up north in March then I leave the length but make it a long goatee

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Beards have become to me what Flannel was in the 90s. Something I wore regularly, but has now become the domain of the hip. So, I'll personally wait for the fad to die down and maybe grow another one in a few years.

Are you going to wait for hipsters to stop drinking craft beer before you continue drinking craft beer as well? If you want to grow a beard, grow a beard.

I said no beard, but not because I don't want to. My military service prevents me from growing a beard, hence I must go beardless. I will commence growing a beard immediately upon discharge from said service, though.

I've had a mustache my entire adult life, except for the years I was in the Navy. But my 'full' beard is no such thing; I think I have a little too much Indian blood.

Hope springs eternal. I just started a goatee a couple of weeks ago....

I used to have a beard but it was sparse and pubey so I'm back to a clean shave. May bring the snidely whiplash mustache back though.

Back