Tired of faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen these. They are either a horrible idea, or a great idea begging to be knocked-off. $1040 for the very basic minimum to do it (just for one nozzle) and then more for cups.

That's what I'm saying - big bucks. That looks like it would be great in a high volume situation like a stadium, football or baseball game, where people are lined up to buy a pint. You'd have to be able to afford the initial investment though, and pour a lot of beers at a high price. It looks like the 16/18 oz cups with magnets are $216.00 for 600, or $0.36 each.

The system does offer a number of advantages and potential cost savings at least according to their promotional material. In a crowded market with a high volume operation the cost may be worth it to further differentiate from the competition.

They do have a lot of slickly produced customer testimonial videos.

Yep. High volume, like at a pro sports stadium or similar event, or maybe a even a real busy night club that pours a lot of suds. I can see an advantage there, because of the auto fill function. You set the pour volume an just pop the cups onto the dispenser head and they automatically fill up to the right volume. No spills or overflows. For home or small bar though, the cost is prohibitive.

Aside from everything already brought up, if I were to get that, then I wouldn't have the joy of catching my shirt on the tap handle while playing in my keezer and then opening the tap as I walk away.

That's what I'm saying - big bucks. That looks like it would be great in a high volume situation like a stadium, football or baseball game, where people are lined up to buy a pint.

No joke... this is ancient. These were in the news for some sports stadiums years before I was even brewing beer, which has only been about 7 years now - not very long in brewing terms but I did read about this years before. I'm guessing it never caught on. I've never once been to a place that had these bottom fill dispensers. And you need special cups for it too so that's not entirely convenient.

Rev.

Time for a knock off. $1040 for what looks like about $50 in materials..... Besides you can't adjust your pour to get the head that you want.

Let's be honest. These are just filling cups with BMC so those people drinking that don't want foam to get in the way of pouring it down their throats.

Or this.

D395E567-1A6B-4B4E-A512-8C9B253474D9.jpeg

To replace that with Bottoms Up would be $15k at least. This has been around for 10 years and there are 4 places with it in all of Washington DC and Baltimore. That says something. Outside if stadiums (pouring BMC) it seems to be for high volume, low selection places. I can’t imagine, as a business owner, making the outlay in cash for this.

I seem to recall the Marriott World Resort in Orlando having that system when I was there in Sept, and serving Jai Alai. Or maybe it was the place I stayed in Vero.

I was on a quest to collect as many of those little magnets as possible so my memory is a little foggy. [emoji1]

I appreciate the post and product. Even if I could afford that not for me. Clearly the best way to serve homebrew is with a 2 foot line and party tap, no?

+1 on canner

A canning machine may be cool, but I hate canned beer - always did. I don't know, it may just be me, but beer that I've sipped from a can always had a metallic taste to it.

No joke... this is ancient. These were in the news for some sports stadiums years before I was even brewing beer, which has only been about 7 years now - not very long in brewing terms but I did read about this years before. I'm guessing it never caught on. I've never once been to a place that had these bottom fill dispensers. And you need special cups for it too so that's not entirely convenient.

Rev.
Well I guess I've just been snoozing then. I have never seen them.

Back