[timewaster] Fantastic Contraptions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the king of time wasters, but awesome. There are some wild solutions out there. The creativity is amazing.

Tonight was cool - my eight year old made a couple of very elegant solutions for some of the middle-difficulty ones. I was amazed. I think he likes this game more than me now.

This is the king of time wasters, but awesome. There are some wild solutions out there. The creativity is amazing.

Tonight was cool - my eight year old made a couple of very elegant solutions for some of the middle-difficulty ones. I was amazed. I think he likes this game more than me now.

Excellent. Maybe he'll want to be an engineer now.:rockin:

Thanks. :)

I started out with a ramp and a 3-wheeled cart, but it ran over the hill and got stuck, which gave me the idea that the cart could be the ramp too.

I was running through for the second time and got to Up the Stairs again and made this

Fantastic Contraption: A fun online physics puzzle game

It's almost painful to watch, it will look like it's stuck several times, but it will eventually finish if left alone. I didn't actually time it, but I'm guessing around 10-15 minutes to complete

edit: I ran it again, it took 8 minutes

Awesome find!

Here are a few of my dirty ones:

Big Ball - forget manhandling the balls http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1271613 - catapult it! got it there before the ball is off the platform

The Wall - spear design, I wanted to get it over the wall and not touch it, kind of cheated I suppose. If you go back after it gets in you can see the launch pad tackle and destroy the wall. Fantastic Contraption: A fun online physics puzzle game

Around the bend - pool style http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1272272

Here's another one I'm proud of. This one took a while to figure out, but it pales in comparison to other designs out there. Handling

Plus here's one of my son's solutions (he's 8 y.o.): Simple but effective

I avoided this thread for a long time, but actually went into the site a couple days ago. talk about distracting. On top of that, I was having no luck with my big, multi-wheeled contraptions and along comes Yuri with one wheel and a couple of sticks doing what I couldn't.

Having trouble installing Phun in linux
:(
Unpack the tarball to the desired location (for this example, I'll just assume you unpacked to your home folder). In a terminal window type:

cd ~/Phun
./phun

If you want to install it properly/permanently, move the Phun directory to an appropriate location (like /usr/bin), chown everything to root:root, and soft link to the phun executable from /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin

Back