time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a beer

ForumRunner_20111008_123911.jpg

Because you can't help it, even though you have nothing to post. Its cool, just pass it on like normal. Here, ill just put up another one ;)

ForumRunner_20111008_202132.jpg

Ill have to add, I'm not crazy about the stuff either. Which is kinda lame, because this was my first pour off of 6 gallons. Hopefully it does something in the next couple months...

the clue: the absence of one ingredient is particular to the creation of the style.

FromZwolle said:
the clue: the absence of one ingredient is particular to the creation of the style.

I don't entirely understand the clue (the way you worded it could be taken in several entirely different directions), but I'm going to guess...

CAP

I thought about that, but it just doesn't look right, and the first clue would technically be wrong.

It is the only thing I could think of that even comes close to the clue, because in some sense, you could say yeast is absent from the ingredients that you add.

LVBen said:
It is the only thing I could think of that even comes close to the clue, because in some sense, you could say yeast is absent from the ingredients that you add.

True... that's why it crossed my mind as well. But the clue didn't restrict it to things you add, and it's definitely not absent from the beer, so I dunno. Wouldn't be the first time a bad clue's been given :D

Back