time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, let's try something a little different. Here is a beer I made. It has 5 types of malt and 3 types of hops. When you make a guess, tell me 5 malts and 3 hops and I will respond with the number that you guessed correctly. For example: (1, 2) means 1 out of 5 was the correct malt and 2 out of 3 was the correct hops . You must guess exactly 5 malts and 3 hops each time. First person to guess the recipe wins!

it's obviously a stout since it's Stout Season.

This is killing me. It's beer. Shut up.

I've been on the verge of saying something along these lines for a few days now. Yet I keep guessing random malts based on a single picture of a finished beer. It's kinda silly, isn't it

Might be. If I had one in front of me I might be able to get it.

You're really close though! The last one has not been guessed yet, but it's very common to give color to a red ale.

Mo, c40, c80, Munich, black malt?

amarillo
cascade
simcoe

Ding ding ding, we have a recipe! This is a very "dank" IRA with loads of orangey sweetness provided by the crystal malt + Amarillo hops, but balanced by piney dryness from Simcoe hops + a low mash temp + Wyeast 1056. Been in the keg 2 months now and it's only getting more drinkable :mug:

IMG_4936.jpg

IRA.JPG

YaY,
I must say, looks fantastic, and thanks for the recipe.
I will post something later.

Is there such thing as an IRA? what were you stats guidelines?

IRA = India Red Ale, but it's not its own style. I picked American IPA for the guidelines.

Back