time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the double bastard special releases. I'm gonna guess the Southern Charred. Double bastard aged in bourbon barrels.

Bingo, nail on the head. You're up!

20131120_131005 (Medium).jpg

Not that recipe. I think I found a Wookey jack clone here, reduced the alcohol (it's still 7.2%) and switched up the hops and hop additions. Did a pretty massive hop stand. It's too bitter though, and it's a harsh bitterness. Aroma and flavor are ridiculous though.

No sir. A hint. The flavor of this beer does not represent the usual flavors youd find in this style. Its not a homebrew.

finsfan said:
oktoberfest

Although it is not close to an ocktoberfest in flavor, it shares one similarity with octoberfest that has nothing to do with the physical beer itself.

Dave37 said:
Nope it is an ale.

No sir not a pumpkin ale or lager but it is definitely an ale.

So we have the following:

An ale
Seasonal beer style
And the flavor of this particular beer is not typical of the style.

New clue. This beer has no adjuncts that im aware of and this is also not usual for the style.

Renegades_Brew said:
Christmas Spice Ale

Ill take it. Its a winter warmer but ive read they usually fall under the christmas ale or winter specialty beer. Even though as i just read if they arent spiced, they should be categorized as old ales. Nice job renegades youre up!

image-3884428139.jpg

The funny thing is I was thinking right after I posted that "I should have said winter warmer"

You will have to wait till tonight when I get home to post a new beer.

Back