Tilt Pi setup for complete noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superkrai

Reaction score
So I have a tilt and currently use with my smartphone. Only thing I dont like is that I only get readings when I'm nearby. So I dont have any data or charts while I'm at work.

Want to setup the Tilt Pi but here are my questions/concerns

1) never used raspberry pi but can follow instructions
2) I do not have internet at home. I use my phone for all my computing needs. I do have a router laying around in the shed but again no internet.
3) can I use tilt pi without internet to just collect the data and display on a monitor?
4) I have tried leaving phone on but it keeps turning off and losing connection to the tilt

I have left my phone on at night while it is charging and even though the screen goes dark it keeps on logging.
I have internet so I don't know if this will work using data.

TiltPI shows the current values and can log internally but there's nothing to display the logged values. You'd have to download the data to a spreadsheet or something to view. Its primary purpose is to log data to Google Sheets and without the internet that wouldn't work.

Back