Tiger malt beverage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzfest05

Reaction score
Was at the Canadian superstore and they had these malt beverages in a pop top brown bottled 341ml for 89c .
Ingredients list sugar, water, malt extract , salt , hops.

I was wondering could I use this beverage to culture yeast with instead of buying dme .

And I was thinking of buying a few and seeing if I can ferment it into beer just as an experiment. Cheap bottles too right. Was right next to ovaltine.

The purpose of this is I'm going to be culturing some pacman and some belgian wit . Cheaper than dme and I get the bottles

Depending on the amount of salt it may not work very well as salt inhibits yeast fermentation.

Malta Goya contains salt in it, so I doubt this product has any more than MG does, and it's not enough to do anything in that one, so I have little doubt salt will be an issue with this stuff either.

Ok good info thank you. It helps me out to have this available as the bottles look good and for some reason local dme is not very cheap , at 89c a bottle this could prove useful I will buy 6 and keep on hand to get my pacman population up.

Latest posts

Back