Threads you are tired of seeing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I need to make a starter? Maybe
Is kegging better than bottling? Maybe
Do I need a secondary? No
Do I need a wort chiller? No
Bottled water or tap? As long as you can drink it it's ok
Should I send my water sample off to be checked? Maybe
Slow rolling boil or vigorous? Vigorous
How quickly do I need to chill the wort? As quickly or slowly as you want
What's the ideal pitching temp? Depends

Should I buy buckets or carboys?
Is liquid yeast better than dry yeast?
I pitched yeast 3 hours ago and nothing is happening. Should I pitch some more?
Will boiling my wort in an aluminum pot give me alzheimers?
I can't bring my 10 gallon batch to a boil on the stove. Do I need a propane burner, and what kind should I get?
Will keeping the beer in primary for a month cause autolysis?
Can I make beer that's as good as Coors?

:D:D:D

Should I buy buckets or carboys?
Is liquid yeast better than dry yeast?
I pitched yeast 3 hours ago and nothing is happening. Should I pitch some more?
Will boiling my wort in an aluminum pot give me alzheimers?
I can't bring my 10 gallon batch to a boil on the stove. Do I need a propane burner, and what kind should I get?
Will keeping the beer in primary for a month cause autolysis?
Can I make beer that's as good as Coors?

:D:D:D

:) The thing is, for every one of those questions there are equally experienced brewers who will passionately argue opposite sides.

Now, you wanna see an all out hair and nails fight, go on over to one of the sailing forums I'm on and ask if mayonnaise needs to be refrigerated. I'm not sure how that came to be the lightning rod, but you'd have a better chance of a peaceful, intelligent conversation about religion, sex, or politics.

:) The thing is, for every one of those questions there are equally experienced brewers who will passionately argue opposite sides.

Now, you wanna see an all out hair and nails fight, go on over to one of the sailing forums I'm on and ask if mayonnaise needs to be refrigerated. I'm not sure how that came to be the lightning rod, but you'd have a better chance of a peaceful, intelligent conversation about religion, sex, or politics.

of course it needs to be refrigerated! it's not Miracle Whip, man!:D

logan3825 said:

I don't think you've got enough 'maybes' for answers.

Should I buy buckets or carboys? Either
Is liquid yeast better than dry yeast? Sometimes
I pitched yeast 3 hours ago and nothing is happening. Should I pitch some more? No
Will boiling my wort in an aluminum pot give me alzheimers? Depends
I can't bring my 10 gallon batch to a boil on the stove. Do I need a propane burner, and what kind should I get? Probably, KAB4 Banjo
Will keeping the beer in primary for a month cause autolysis? No
Can I make beer that's as good as Coors? Better

I've thought long and hard about this. Well, not really.

There aren't any threads I'm tired of seeing because I don't click on a thread unless I'm interested in reading it. This forum encourages lazy noobs to ask questions that have already been answered multiple times and in turn they learn how to brew beer from people who aren't tired of answering the same questions.

Someone always steps up to the plate with a solid answer. Most forums aren't like that.

I prefer to search and rarely ask a question.

I'm tired of semi-literate threads started by people who can't make even a reasonable attempt at using proper grammar and punctuation.

Class and intelligence matter.

Most likely the OP is using a smart phone, which some people believe is a valid excuse for expressing oneself in an uneducated manner.

I would not be one of those people.

I'm new here and just read this entire thread. How is calling someone semi literate class?

I'm new here and just read this entire thread. How is calling someone semi literate class?

1st post! Welcome to the forums! This thread is doing great things, it has now officially brought new membership to the table.

Not sure i want to stick around. I may not use a comma correctly and be ridiculed or called semi literate for it. I will be extremely careful with my use of you're, and your. Seems like a fun bunch.

Not sure i want to stick around. I may not use a comma correctly and be ridiculed or called semi literate for it. I will be extremely careful with my use of you're, and your. Seems like a fun bunch.

You know what's really cool about us?

We're smarter than some people think. Say, like someone who was banned in the very recent past for being a ******. Then, say they sign up for the forum again with a different ID, as a "new" member, only to find this thread that has nothing to do with much of anything- and to complain about the membership.

You're right. You won't stick around. See ya!

Our Yoop has a very long fuse with a big payload at the end.

Giggity.

I do NOT have a big payload! My payload is actually normal sized, maybe even on the small size.

This is how rumors get started, talking about my payload as being large.

If I was a man, we wouldn't be talking about size.

Wait. Yes we would. :D

I do NOT have a big payload! My payload is actually normal sized, maybe even on the small size.

This is how rumors get started, talking about my payload as being large.

And, oddly enough, we'd probably still be referring to it as a payload.

We're smarter than some people think. Say, like someone who was banned in the very recent past for being a ******. Then, say they sign up for the forum again with a different ID, as a "new" member, only to find this thread that has nothing to do with much of anything- and to complain about the membership.

So *****ieness is frowned upon? Had I known before...

kapow!

bomb_ride_9769.png

BEST THREAD EVER!!!

Yooper you are hilarious, and Creamy, who wouldn't want your action seriously. ...

(Ps. Creamy, sorry if I crossed a line there, since I don't know you, but I was just laughing so much at your comment.)

Oh God I left myself open for so much good natured ribbing. No lines crossed Duckies, no worries.

*Edit* Wrong thread.

Oh God I left myself open for so much good natured ribbing. No lines crossed Duckies, no worries.

*Edit* Wrong thread.

Good to hear!

I wasn't quite sure how to respond to the role model thing. I thought it was very thoughtful but I didn't have a good comment for it.....

:)

Yes I was drinking when I started this thread and I do like where it has gone

I have to give you credit for starting a very entertaining thread, no doubt. Where else can you go to see a recently-banned member sign up for a new membership only to be re-banned in as kick-ass a fashion as Yooper laid down?

Latest posts

Back