Thoughts on keggining my beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
SO I usually give a minimum 3 weeks on my beers before I move them to a keg and have been successful in them thus far. I have a Belgian white from AHS and some friends are in town and throwing a bbq and this will be my last time to chill for a little while as I have my first baby on the way in 2 weeks. My beer has been in the primary for 2 weeks and 4 days and I'd like to start the carbing process so it can at least be semi ready. My concern is the last time I made a similar beer, Barvarian Hefeweizen, something went very wrong because for some reason I ended up with beer that tasted like match sticks and even after 6+ months never got any better. What does everyone think and will it make a huge impact on the beer since I know they are typically drank young.

thanks for the advice, just took my FG reading and trying to get an accurate calculation of the FG from brix so I can know for sure if to keg.

Depending on when you plan on serving your beer you can begin force carbonating at room temperature.
This will continue the fermentation / aging of the beer while adding the carbonation so its ready to drink sooner.
Just enter your room temperature and desired volumes of Co2 on this calculator.
http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/carbonation.html
A day or two before you are ready to drink it, disconnect the gas and put the beer in the fridge until it cools to desired temperature. THEN re-attach the gas line and adjust pressure according to calculator.

Back