Thinking of trying this recipe............

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madkap_78

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying this extract recipe using 1lb orange marmalade last 5 mins of boil and 4oz of sugar free vanilla extract at bottling.What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

5lbs pale lme
.25lb vienna malt
.25lb honey malt
.50lb munich malt
.75lb flaked corn
.75oz hallertauer 4.30% 60 mins
.75oz hallertauer 4.30% 10 mins
white labs california ale 001

Im going for an orange cremsicle taste on this one. Im hoping the orange marmalade will be enough of a citrus flavor. Do you think that 4oz of vanilla will be too much? I dont want it to overpower the rest of the beer. Should I add some kind of sugar free orange flavor at bottling also? Do any of you have any experience with making a beer like this? I would appriciate any feedback.

Sounds awesome. You can always taste before you bottle. Maybe take a sample out a few days before you want to bottle and if it's not orangie enough for you add some orange peels boiled in sugar water (with out any of the white rine on them).

you can even measure out small quanities of beer and add different amounts of orange and/or vanilla until you get three flavor you want. Then a little bit of math, and some measuring, and you'll have what you want.

Back