Thinking about quick disconnect fitting to extend keg lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHop

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to quickly be able to extend my keg dispensing lines when switching between highly carbed and low CO2 brews (ex. wheat beer vs. ESB).

I currently have pin lock kegs with 5 ft lines going to my faucet shank. Its connected using a crimped connection. I would like to add another 5-10 ft section when I use higher carbonation levels. I'm really happy with my current 5 ft lines for normal brews.

I would like a piece of hose where one end has a pin lock quick disconnect fitting and the other end is connected to a pin lock post. That way I can easily extend any of my lines. Hopefully this is clear.

The only problem I can think of with this would be that there will be some turbulence when the liquid passes through the pin lock post-quick disconnect fitting. Maybe this will cause foam in the line.

Does anybody have experience doing something like this? Does anybody know what fittings I would need to create the pin lock post to tubing adapter.

Back