Things the SWMBO says.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the snow I'm behind in beer brewing. Today was 70 and not raining so when I got home from work I started brewing. The wife comes home from work and says what you doing. I say I'm making beer. She says: Well you could have been making dinner.

I mean talk about not having any sense of priority. Sheesh!

With all the snow I'm behind in beer brewing. Today was 70 and not raining so when I got home from work I started brewing. The wife comes home from work and says what you doing. I say I'm making beer. She says: Well you could have been making dinner.

I mean talk about not having any sense of priority. Sheesh!

"This could be a dinner! In about 4-6 weeks..."

My beautiful and wonderful wife of 36 years has always supported my beer "habit" in one way or another. And, she, generally, helps me with the brewing process; only when I instruct her what to do. She, however, does not have an interest in beer and brewing. She tends to only like malting stouts or porters but doesn't drink a lot because of the "calories". So, I try to brew beers she'll like as well as friends and family.

Over the years I've learned that the more she helps me on brew day, the probablity (or expectation) is that when we are done, we'll probably go shopping; something that I hate and she loves. So, our marriage is truly a "give and take" relationship.

Digging through my equipment and had stuff laid out on the bed when swmbo came through and said "I don't know if you're a drug dealer or a mad scientist with your scales and hoses and jugs everywhere"

Her: I need that space in the shopping basket for these new shoes.

Me: Fine, you can carry my beer to the checkout, then!

Yesterday I spent $125 to build a Mash Tun while the wife was taking a nap.
When she asked how much I spent her reply was " cheaper then going to the bar" my reply was "cheaper then shoe shopping"
nice quiet afternoon.......

Yesterday I spent $125 to build a Mash Tun while the wife was taking a nap.
When she asked how much I spent her reply was " cheaper then going to the bar" my reply was "cheaper then shoe shopping"
nice quiet afternoon.......

Check and mate.

"No dear... pitching yeast does not mean I'm throwing it away because it's gone bad."

"Nothing's sexier than a man doing dishes"

me-washing-dishes-listening-to-captain-beefheart-lick-my-decals-off-baby.jpg

We were out at Melt The following is the conversation that ensued:

Me to bartender: Ill take a Ten Fidy.

Me to wife: Im going to find the bathroom, Ill be right back.

Less than a minute later I got back to my seat at the bar to find an empty glass.

Me: Did you drink this?
Wife: *Laughs*
Me: You realize thats over 10%...Oh well I will get another.

The bartender got about 3oz of beer into the glass before it started filling with foam... :(

Less than a minute later I got back to my seat at the bar to find an empty glass.

The bartender got about 3oz of beer into the glass before it started filling with foam... :(

Wife slamming a pint of Ten Fidy, someone mustve had a happy ending that night. (even if it was an 8-10oz snifter, thats a big glass of wine basically)

2 months ago:
Wife- "There's too many damned kegs around. I can barely do Laundry!"
Me- "I'm filling it today relax".
Wife -"Why do you need so many kegs?!"

Last night:
Wife - "When are you going to have more carbonated water on tap?"
Me- "I can't right now, I need the keg for my friends annual party"
Wife- "Why can't you go buy another keg????!!!"

Anyone have a used keg for sale? :tank:

How long were you in the bathroom??

So a few months ago, I thought it would be good to have 2 freezer chests, an Ale chest and a Lager chest. I already have a 14cf unit in the shed so I kidded with SWMBO one day when she was complaining about the amount of beer equipment present in the back yard, "Just wait until the OTHER 14cf ferm chambers arrives!"

Well tonight, I got "So, is the plan for the second freezer still on?"

I think I need to order the freezer TONIGHT!

I have to use my rig outside (no plumbing in the garage), and consequently have to rely on the hose not to be frozen. This wasn't an option until a week or so ago. Needless to say, I haven't been able to brew since middle of October, and the pipeline has long since dried up. This convo took place today, after I had planned a tripple brew day for Sunday.

Her:"gonna be nice out on sunday"
Me:"yup. Do we have anything going on?"
Her:"nope"
Me:"Cool, I'm planing to brew a Schwarz, an IPA, and our house pale"
Her:"Oh. I was planning to brew my saision and see if you wanted to brew the house pale."

Now I just have to figure out what will get dropped, or if I can sneak one of those in on Saturday instead. I'm not complaining..

I've been building an eHERMS system in my head for quite a while, bringing it up to my wife every once in a while to get her used to the idea. I started putting some plans together along with a parts list. Boy do CamLoks and Chugger Pumps add up quick. I showed her my nearly finalized plans along with several different parts bills, like with one pump its this much $$$ and with two, the brew day will be easier but more $$$. She looked at me and said, "Well, you've been planning this so long, why halfass it? Lets save up and get what you want." Its a good feeling to have a supportive wife!

Bottling an IPA yesterday bittered with Columbus and aroma'd with tons of cascade and a bit of perle
"That smells horrid"

That was basically my last brew day (last Saturday). All hopbursted black IPA, 21oz of whole leaf wet frozen Cascade, 5oz of Wakatu, 2oz of pellet Cascade. All I can smell in the entire house is citrus and tropical fruit, "No more IPAs, all you brew are IPAs, the house smells like crap".

(I last brewed an IPA last summer, of my 30ish total batches, 4 now have been IPAs)

Back