Things that have fallen in your beer !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all these beers turning out fine, I wonder how homebrewers actually manage to f' up the beer when they don't drop anything in it?

With all these beers turning out fine, I wonder how homebrewers actually manage to f' up the beer when they don't drop anything in it?

You say that like some of us who have are absolute imbeciles. :(

I found a cat hair, recently. As all people who say that would protest, my house is clean but pet fur gets into places that just simply cannot be explained. Considering the beer I found it in was brewed and racked outside my home, it is even more perplexing since sanitizer hits everything. But so far so good. They're just waiting for kegs to open or be bought and nothing went wrong.

You say that like some of us who have are absolute imbeciles. :(

Not at all...trust me I've messed up my share. My point was simply, how is it possible to have a very clean process where one is very intent on sanitation and cleaning, and come out with an infected beer (without a known reason), vs. a situation where something seriously goes wrong, one knows it, and the result is good beer. It seems backward to me, but according to this thread...it happens plenty.

I haven't had anything fall into my beer, but I did have something fall next to it --- ME! Yesterday I was using the "poor man's" wort chiller, snow. It was 15 degrees F here in Western NY, and I thought "why not?" I had just gotten the hot wort nestled into the snow and turned to go back up the ice-laden steps (in my nice warm slippers, of course) and --- bam! There I was on my back. Ah, the sacrifices we make for our loved ones...

A grasshopper jumped in the fermenter and I found it when I went to dry hop!

haha, ME TOO!

IMG_20131004_144733_792_zpsaac1eaf1.jpg

other than that, nothing weird at all. i usually brew indoors

My Palmer book. Now very wrinkled...Beer turned out!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Vice grip. Had it on the side of my kettle to move it around, and I accidently unlatched it and it fell into my just boiled wort. I'm really, REALLY hoping this beer turns out ok. The beer had just finished boiling, and it took about 30 mins to cool down, so hopefully it killed everything on it. I'm just hoping the brew wont taste like iron.

A floating thermometer with lead balls, a binder clip, sweat and hair.

Back