Things that come out of the SWMBO's mouth!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usually -

What's that smell, that horrible smell?
You're doing THAT again???

last time -

Hey, what's that? It smells good.

Go figure

My wife likes the smell of wort & hops. When we're sitting at the comp to watch videos,& she asks "are we gunna have some of your beers"? I say yes,& she beams a great smile,shakes her fists,& says "yes! yes! yes!". Can't beat that with a stick...

My SWMBO is my all too honest beer tester. After my 4th batch she confessed to me this:

"All of your beers smell like urine, not fresh urine but urine from some back alley"

It was a huge confidence builder because that was the exact taste I've been going for! Now, how she can differentiate between fresh and alley urine is what concerns me.

My latest from last night. I told her her, since theirs nothing on tap, I think it'd be a good time to tear down the keezer and finish the bar. Then it could be done whn the four batches fermenting are ready. Wouldn't it e cool to have 4 on tap at once? Sh says, yeah it'd be cool to have 4 beers on tap at once... that I can't drink any of! (preggo) :eek:

My SWMBO is my all too honest beer tester. After my 4th batch she confessed to me this:

"All of your beers smell like urine, not fresh urine but urine from some back alley"

It was a huge confidence builder because that was the exact taste I've been going for! Now, how she can differentiate between fresh and alley urine is what concerns me.

4 Bud clones seems excessive...

her: "I thought doing this was going to SAVE us money?"

me: "I thought you SAVED money at Macy's last week?"

Her: "I did. I saved almost $200"

me: "You didn't SAVE crap... You SPENT 300 bucks! If you saved money, so did I."

Her: "You're sleeping on the couch".

me: "I know."

my ***** don't say ****. she know better.

actually, she doesn't much care too much however i made a strawberry blonde for her to hopefully make her care. that way she'll say "make that strawberry thing again," and i'll tell her that i want to make it better for her and that i need--NEED--a kegging system to make it better for her.

"you already have a beer on tap, keg my beer next"

glad she's into it, i guess

me: "i need a propane burner"

her: "why? what's wrong with the stove"

me: "you don't want all that humidity from a 60 min boil in the house all summer..."

pause

her: "start looking for a good deal" :D

55 pound bag of Maris Otter sitting on the kitchen table, "Is this sack going to be dropped from an airplane to feed the hungry, or are you going to move it."

you swmbo is hilarious:rockin:

me - taste this
her - thats great, what is it
me - raspberry wheat
her - oh, i dont like wheat beers

she then proceeds to reach in the fridge and grab her own for consumptions

its made more hilarious by the fact that her favorite commercial brew is bells oberon

She hates the smell of brewing. When I brewed last Monday she said, "At least the smell of burning sweet potatos in the kitchen is covering up the smell of egg farts coming from the guest bedroom." Her best friend is staying at our house for a few nights next week. I hope she agrees. :D

I had two five gallon buckets from a feisty fermenting batch going in the spare bathroom tub. She said "if they blow up, this whole thing is over." I watched them like a hawk, did the clean up and everything is cool.

Ha ha!!! This is how my homebrew experience began. A little over two years into in now and she had built some confidence that things will be ok in the fermentation room but still peaks in there to make sure nothing blew up every now and again.

This one wasn't from my SWMBO, but from a friend's. She was going crazy living in the little town they were in and had been wanting to move for a while. It finally got to the point where something needed to happen so she sat him down and said, "Jack... Either I'm moving away, or I'm going to kill myself. Either way, I'm taking you with me. Your choice."

My SWMBO is great. All she says about my beer is

"Thanks for all the work you do to keep beer on tap baby."

Mine never liked beer until a few years ago, she only drank good craft beer before we met. When I started my first batches were all right and she said "if these don't get better your going to have to find a new hobby." The next 10 batches were so tasty she let me continue. I made her an apricot ale at 14% abv and she loved it until she found out that she was drinking 700 calories a glass and passing out 7 pm after 1 or 2 beers. Now she says "make that apricot thing again but half the alcohol. I know you smoke cigars after I pass out!"

Mine doesn't really like to drink beer, but she is supportive of my brewing. I guess I can't ask for much more than that.

After I brewed my very first batch of beer (which happened to be an infected disgusting mess,) SWMBO tells me, "It smells just like my father's homebrew...I never liked homebrew at all."

A few batches later when I started brewing tasty beer, she says, "Wow, this smells excellent, like something you could buy in the store! I never knew you could make it like this at home." (she only smells it because she went on the wagon years before we met.)

On one hand, I am glad my father-in-law lives on the other side of the world so I don't have to critique his homebrew, but on the other hand it would be nice to improve beers together with him.

* "When are you making my dopplebock again?"

* "What do you mean my dopplebock won't be ready for four months?"

* (After trying her first BMC product in probably ten or fifteen years and making a horrible face) "Beer doesn't taste like that at OUR house!"

Please post your Back Alley Urine Ale recipe.

SWMBO likes my hobby, she says, it keeps you home where I do not have to worry about you.

On the non-brewing side. My son is getting married in a couple of weeks.

SWMBO - watch out for a $900 charge on the credit card.

Me - $900? For what?

SWMBO - Amazon messed up, it took three times for the charge to go through.

SWMBO - If it comes through that much I will straighten it out.

Left me feeling good that the dress only cost $300.

SWMBO - watch out for a $900 charge on the credit card.

Me - $900? For what?

SWMBO - Amazon messed up, it took three times for the charge to go through.

SWMBO - If it comes through that much I will straighten it out.

Left me feeling good that the dress only cost $300.

i see your wife has figured out "husband prices"

Not really funny like many of the other responses but, when I started washing my yeast after I made my first batch, she says "Do you really need 4 jars of that yeast? Do you think you'll use that all in one year?"

I just laughed, it was funny to me

You have to learn.... there are real prices and "wife" prices.. if it cost you $30 tell the wife it was $10

Guys around the Twin Cities area may know of Garage Logic. They have few things to say about this. " Three Prices You Pay Syndrome 1 - The price you paid for the item. 2 - The price you tell her you paid for the item. 3 - The price you pay when she finds out the price you paid."

and then theres... The 48-Hour Rule or "You Had Your Chance" This rule was established on March 5, 2002 and is as follows: As a reward for a fellow sneaking new and inexpensive cylinders into the Crisis Center and also escaping any female wrath that might accrue from said purchase, the fellow may make up any story he wishes after 48 hours regarding the acquisition. In other words, she gets 48 hours to notice the purchase and complain. If she misses her window, you are home free. "This old thing," you might say, when, after a week, she finally does notice, "that thing has been here since July."

As it says it was originally made for adding cylinders, but it has been used by men for many things and would fit nicely for all things brewing related.
Unfortunately my wife has adapted it for her own use.:(

My girlfriend just lets me do my thing for the most part. She supports my hobby. A couple weeks ago she asked, "So do you wanna move in with me? I will even give you your own room to store all your beer crap. And you can have the garage since your car is nicer than mine." Still considering the idea, but can't deny it's a nice offer lol.

Grow a set, just do it. then if she kicks you out, you can get ****ty drunk and beg your friends for a place to stay for the night. cant do that if you live by yourself

My girlfriend just lets me do my thing for the most part. She supports my hobby. A couple weeks ago she asked, "So do you wanna move in with me? I will even give you your own room to store all your beer crap. And you can have the garage since your car is nicer than mine." Still considering the idea, but can't deny it's a nice offer lol.

Bait. and. switch.

Just you wait.

my beer stuff is not CRAP, thank you very much:D

Perception is from point of view. Anything that a person is not interested in is crap.

For instance, many women would disagree that the stuff sold at a scentsy party is crap.

Mine asked me when we were going to get setup to have 4 beers on tap because she bought me a 4 glass tasting set for Christmas. ....just got another fridge to meet this request :)

Perception is from point of view. Anything that a person is not interested in is crap.

For instance, many women would disagree that the stuff sold at a scentsy party is crap.

are you insinuating that my beer stuff is crap? my beer stuff is NOT crap :cross:

"Every time you brew beer, you make the house smell like dogfood!!!"

"Your hops smell like weed!!!"

"I think you screwed up your wheat beer, it tastes like bubblegum's nutsack"

-Jefe-

Back