Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It bothers me severely, because:

A) It's a public bathroom and I have no other choice besides to hold it, or drive down the street to the nearest gas station.
B) I'm sure as hell not going to use that sink to wash my hands after it's been befouled and contaminated. I'm sure most people would choose not to either, so it's a public health issue.
C) I feel terribly for the poor cleaning lady who has to clean that out. First of all it's disgusting, she's not getting paid anywhere near enough to deal with that, and she's being exposed to whatever was in that guy's nasal passages.
D) I'm all for being sensitive to different cultures, but this is a no brainer to me.

SO CALL OUT THE MOTHER****ER.

Too many people don't tell people to stop being stupid. If someone is doing something dumb, TELL THEM TO STOP DOING THE DUMB THING.

Bully the person until they do what you all want. That's what I'd do. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Too many people don't tell people to stop being stupid. If someone is doing something dumb, TELL THEM TO STOP DOING THE DUMB THING.

Bully the person until they do what you all want. That's what I'd do. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Yeah I've gone down that road and unfortunately in this day and age, that will only get you labeled as being hostile to your coworkers. I actually lost a corporate job because I called someone out. Luckily now I work in government so they don't seem to mind too much. Not really any problems so far at this job. I think they make it a practice to get rid of any problem people before they piss everyone off.

Co-workers who don't listen when I tell them I need them back at x time so I can make it on time for a serious medical appointment. Wtf!

I would love to, but I work for a large corporation that has a very corporate mentality. I'd probably be labeled as being hostile and insensitive, and my services would not longer be required.

I would love to, but I work for a large corporation that has a very corporate mentality. I'd probably be labeled as being hostile and insensitive, and my services would not longer be required.

Next time you're in the restroom and Mr. Happy Joy Luck Snotwad is there emptying his sinuses in the sink, roll video of it on your cell and upload to YouTube. Be sure to post his company's name. It'll just be a matter of time before word of that makes its way back....

That's another thing that really bugs the hell out of me. That corporate mentality. Everybody is a p**sy and can't handle criticism of any kind, so you're called hostile and unprofessional. Grow up and take it like a f****g man, you soft belly, limp-wristed pany waste.

Well, you don't HAVE to work for this backwards-thinking run-by-****wads company.

This really makes no sense. If someone is ****ting themselves daily, and you say "hey man, can you PLEASE stop filling your pants with poop - it's gross", you will be fired? What the **** is that? Who the hell wants to even WORK in a place like that?

Jesus Christ people look at what you've become!

Well, you don't HAVE to work for this backwards-thinking run-by-****wads company.

This really makes no sense. If someone is ****ting themselves daily, and you say "hey man, can you PLEASE stop filling your pants with poop - it's gross", you will be fired? What the **** is that? Who the hell wants to even WORK in a place like that?

Jobs don't grow on trees these days. Have to take what you can get until something better comes along.

Dude, I have to pay my mortgage, student loans, insurance, etc.! We can't all not work for "The Man". Honestly, the corporate mentality doesn't really bother me too much. I go to work, do my time, and come home. Every two weeks I get my paycheck. That's really all I want to get out of it - I'm not drawing a line in the sand because some guy from some asian country doesn't understand basic hygiene. No. I'm going to shame him in some way - I just haven't figured out how to do so yet.

Please do snot blow your nose into the sink. Use a tissue. If you must, please wash out the sink when you are done.
Thanks,
Mgmt

Sorry, can't pass up a pun

No-Booger zone

no-boogers.jpg

kid_snot_bubbles-8x6.jpg

Their stupid faces. I'm sure I've said that before, but I need to say it again.

One of my coworkers screwed up majorly this weekend. Apparently by doing so they have removed all internet privileges aside from Googling answers to calls. Although I do spend a lot of time on here during the work day I work equal to two to three of them combined. This is where I come to maintain what little sanity I still have while I work. Work really will blow for the next quite a while.

Dude, I have to pay my mortgage, student loans, insurance, etc.! We can't all not work for "The Man". Honestly, the corporate mentality doesn't really bother me too much. I go to work, do my time, and come home. Every two weeks I get my paycheck. That's really all I want to get out of it - I'm not drawing a line in the sand because some guy from some asian country doesn't understand basic hygiene. No. I'm going to shame him in some way - I just haven't figured out how to do so yet.

Take his log book. Seriously. Walk up to his desk, flip his stuff over and stand to toe with him. Get bowed up like a prison yard.

That guy is on my team now and he kicks ass. We tear through work like matched pistols.

I've got a couple gripes for today...
1.) cube next to me - leaves his cell ringer on AND leaves his cell phone at the desk when he's up to get a drink, goes to lunch, the RR etc... and people only call him when he is away from his desk
2.) cube not to far from me - guy cuts his fingernails... do that crap at home or in the rest room, it's annoying and they fly everywhere.

Melana said:
People that take their meetings on speakerphone... in cubeville...

I reside in cubeville but my boss has an office 100 feet away. He leaves his door open and always answers the phone on speaker. When the person in the cube next to me calls him (and she does several times a day) I have to hear their conversation in a bizarre stereophonic setting. It's very annoying. All he has to do is close his door.

There's about 100 people who work in here. Once in a while someone does something stupid. Part of being human, it's expected. Whatever. But why the **** to we need to send a company-wide "dont do this!" email EVERY DAMN TIME?

Yesterday someone threw a banana peel in the pop can bin and it attracted some fruit flies. EMAIL TO EVERYONE.
Last week someone forgot a dirty dish in the sink. EMAIL TO EVERYONE.

ugghhh...

I've got a couple gripes for today...
1.) cube next to me - leaves his cell ringer on AND leaves his cell phone at the desk when he's up to get a drink, goes to lunch, the RR etc... and people only call him when he is away from his desk
2.) cube not to far from me - guy cuts his fingernails... do that crap at home or in the rest room, it's annoying and they fly everywhere.

I reside in cubeville but my boss has an office 100 feet away. He leaves his door open and always answers the phone on speaker. When the person in the cube next to me calls him (and she does several times a day) I have to hear their conversation in a bizarre stereophonic setting. It's very annoying. All he has to do is close his door.
WTF? We can't all work for the same company... yet you just described my personal hell.

What's even worse is the guy that leaves his cell phone ringer turned up to 11 at his desk (who has never changed it from the uber-annoying default) also has an office in our satellite office. And for whatever reason, whenever he calls someone here, they answer on speakerphone. So not only do we get to listen to his voice over the speaker, we get to listen to his cellphone ring from 30 miles away via the joys of speakerphones.

I'm going to drop kick that cell one of these days.

My gripe is with ANYONE who uses speakerphone when they are perfectly capable of holding the phone. Nothing is more annoying than answering the phone then hearing the loud click as they fumble the receiver off the cradle, unless of course it is the person who speakerphone calls for the entire conversation. I have started acting like I cannot hear people that call me while on speaker until they pick up and talk to me like a human. "Hello? Hello? I can't hear you. Hello? Are you on speakerphone? Ah, yes, that's better."

Ok we do all work in the same cube hell. The real person that should be strung up is the one that marketed cubicles to every exec out there. Wtf! We are not rats!

I was in mini cubeville for a little bit. That was right between retail and plant work. I work 12 hr shifts with 4 other guys now. If one's being stupid, I can usually put the old ear phones in and tune him out. Unless it's days, then there's too many day drones trying to justify their job to tune them all out.

Not only do I use the speaker phone, I use the direct connect on the cell phone and talk to one or two other people in the room, all separate conversations, at the same time, while playing music too loud. It's a madhouse some days. :ban:

Not only do I use the speaker phone, I use the direct connect on the cell phone and talk to one or two other people in the room, all separate conversations, at the same time, while playing music too loud. It's a madhouse some days. :ban:
In the book you go!

I use the speaker phone because I need to be able to type while I talk

and by speaker phone I mean Skype because I don't have a phone jack in my home office, I'm NOT paying $90 to have one installed and I hate using a headset.

my coworker hasn't complained.

and by coworker I mean my Beagle and he knows who provides the kibble

and this time it wasn't MY fault a thread got moved to debate

I have started changing the clock on the microwave in the lunch room. Every day I set it 1 minute later. There is a stove in there as well. I set it 1 minute earlier.

I need to do something while I wait for my lunch to heat up.

I have an office. I used to close my door, but when I did all the employees would freak out because they assumed something big was going on - like layoffs. Now I leave the door open 99% of the time.

It's a PC world we live in.

I have an office. I used to close my door, but when I did all the employees would freak out because they assumed something big was going on - like layoffs. Now I leave the door open 99% of the time.

It's a PC world we live in.

There is that side of the coin, too. My boss is one of the VP's of the company, so he handles a lot of business that doesn't need to be overheard - like the merger we went through two years ago; for a good year leading up to it, his door was closed almost as much as it was open.

Now, the merger has gone through, and some of the 'changes' haven't exactly been good - half of our original staff let go, etc. so sometimes when that door gets closed, there is an element of "oh crap..."

Back