Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the lager that I brewed, immediately before leaving town for the week, is fermenting yet.

6:00 am "ouch, I'm gonna take it easy tonight...."
7:30 am "better throw some bombers in the fridge for when I get home..just in case..."
3:00 pm "Oh snap! It's $6 growler fill day at Boneyard Brewing, good thing I have an empty growler in the car..."
4:00 pm " I sure have some stupid thoughts at 6 in the morning..."

forstmeister said:
I wonder if my homebrew will help me kick this cold?

I tried to cure my cold last weekend with BMC (well, Batch 19). Sure hope your house stuff works better because now I feel like a coyote chewed me up, swallowed, then pooped me off a cliff.

Ridire said:
I tried to cure my cold last weekend with BMC (well, Batch 19). Sure hope your house stuff works better because now I feel like a coyote chewed me up, swallowed, then pooped me off a cliff.

Funny, I bought a sixer of Batch 19 this weekend for the first time. It was actually pretty good for BMC. I took some ribbing from my friends drunk wife for it though (he is a pro in Chicago). He liked it too, for what it's worth.

forstmeister said:
Funny, I bought a sixer of Batch 19 this weekend for the first time. It was actually pretty good for BMC. I took some ribbing from my friends drunk wife for it though (he is a pro in Chicago). He liked it too, for what it's worth.

Wasn't bad. I really wanted an IPA that night and Batch 19, believe it or not, was the closest thing the place had.

Do my friends drink all my beer faster than I can brew it because its as good as I think it is, or because its free? Or....do I just need to brew bigger batches and more often?

Sheldon said:
Bravo all. I too have thought many of these, funny how great minds think alike, now its 11AM here, but 4PM in Spain, its ok to start drinking now.

It's beer o'clock somewhere. (i get the strangest looks from neighbors when I get done working my 12hr shift at 6:30am and come home sit outside and drink a cold one while grabbing a smoke). It's almost like they find it odd someone would be drinking at 6:45am

It's beer o'clock somewhere. (i get the strangest looks from neighbors when I get done working my 12hr shift at 6:30am and come home sit outside and drink a cold one while grabbing a smoke). It's almost like they find it odd someone would be drinking at 6:45am

A nice pint of brown ale goes well with a full southern breakfast of biscuits and grave, sausage, eggs, and hash browns.

Framboise and waffles goes well together too.

Not that I drink that early that often.

Um, anyway, I'm :off:

I should really buy a few craft beers the same style of what I just brewed so I can see how mine stacks up. Two or three six-packs should do.

I got sick I guess my BAC was to low to kill the germs. I'll have to up my levels.

I got sick I guess my BAC was to low to kill the germs. I'll have to up my levels.

Heh, I know exactly this line of reasoning. My wife doesn't help, with her insistence on hot toddies for sore throat treatment.

-Rich

KegWrangler said:
All (insert astronomically large # here) of my kegs are full...I guess I must need to get a few more.

Yep. I'll have all nine of my kegs with beer in them (4 totally full, 2 basically full) by the end of the week. But I'm brewing this weekend, and with a two-week turnaround on that batch, I need to buy more kegs ASAP!

bwarbiany said:
Yep. I'll have all nine of my kegs with beer in them (4 totally full, 2 basically full) by the end of the week. But I'm brewing this weekend, and with a two-week turnaround on that batch, I need to buy more kegs ASAP!

Or drink faster--don't want your BAC to drop & get sick!

Whew, worn out from brewing and bottling. This is really great exercise.

"I can't imagine why someone would think brewing beer looks illegal"

735085_10200244739295461_1320226214_n.jpg

388067_2619358517530_489493298_n.jpg

Back