Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo all. I too have thought many of these, funny how great minds think alike, now its 11AM here, but 4PM in Spain, its ok to start drinking now.

I usually set my clock to "Dublin Time" so it's never to early here on the East Coast.

unionrdr said:
Now that I have this better bottle for secondary,I've got to make more excuses to use it...:ban:

Heheh, I have to do the same thing! Lol!

Oh look, if I just move this into secondary for a week I can clear my beer a bit more AND brew another batch today... Ok, got me!

" if i could only free up some freezer space, that 44lb case of magnum for $440 is a good bulk deal."

At work
I should check the home brew market incase something good comes up, work can wait.

bmathews said:
At work
I should check the home brew market incase something good comes up, work can wait.

Ha! I just got caught.

I actually get mad when there isn't anything new in my state every time I check. WTF people!!! Sell me your stuff!

Sitting here drinking my cup of pressed coffee at work and my glass of grapefruit juice ( ill drink healthy if it reminds me of beer lol) and sorta combine them and think dam I should brew a coffee stout with a hoppy citrus finish

Ha! I just got caught.

I actually get mad when there isn't anything new in my state every time I check. WTF people!!! Sell me your stuff!

I know it drives me nuts why is the best stuff too far to make driving to get it worth it

I can put it on the credit card we swore never to use, have it delivered to work, and pay this month's bills before she does and she'll never know about it... and if she ever finds out, it'll be so far down the road that I won't get into that much trouble... I hope...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My thoughts exactly!:D

I thought the same way when I ordered the Barley Crusher grain mill. But when it came in,I had it sitting on top of the box just put together,she walked in. Oook,here we go,I though. She smiled when she saw it,walked up closer,scrutinizing it intensely. She asked "what is it?" & before I could speak she looked at the roller base where the name was. "Ooooh,it's a grain mill!" with a big smile on her face.
To be honest,I'm still a bit apprehensively baffled on this one. Idk,maybe she's thinking this purchase will keep me on the road to PM on up & saving $$ on brewdays. She was a bit miffed at the Government for passing more stringent laws on spring water that jacked up the price from 10c to 25c per gallon.

"Who are these 'everything must go' guys shedding all their brewing equipment? I'm sure they are just upgrading. It's not because they had kids because that is when one would need beer the most."

My girlfriend is moving just across state lines for grad school, so far I have had several thoughts on this:

"Oh, Virginia gets lots of beer that I can't get here!"

"If she's moving into an apartment that covers utilities, but doesn't have a balcony, then I will need an electric system for when I visit."

"If I'm going to go through the trouble of building an electric system, perhaps I should make it ten gallons and move away from these five gallon batches."

And "I bet I could head over to the under-grad campus on Saturdays and pick up a bunch of bottles when I start to run low."

high5apparatus said:
"Who are these 'everything must go' guys shedding all their brewing equipment? I'm sure they are just upgrading. It's not because they had kids because that is when one would need beer the most."

Bah! I have three kids under 6 and I still find time to brew about one 10-gallon batch a month.

Who needs sleep, anyway?

I couldn't find a thread titled "Things a homebrewer hears" so I'm just going to insert the story here.

Last week I picked up a small chest freezer to use as a fermentation chamber. As I'm sitting on the garage floor wiring the controller in, my girlfriend pulls up with her 5-year old grandson and he asked me what I was doing. Rather than go into the details, I just said, "Beer stuff." His response, "Andy, why are you always turning stuff into beer stuff?"

Ha! Kids.

"Either I'm making great beer, or I have a crappy palate. Either way, I win!"

I am currently thinking this in astonishment as I taste a 5-day-old altbier that I unintentionally fermented in 2 days at 80*. Somehow it actually tastes kinda like it's supposed to. "Either way, I win!"

I'm going to buy ____ cause they have the bottles I like to put my home brew in.

I need to drink a couple more bottles so that I have enough bottles for my next batch.

Oh they have that in a mini cask? I should buy that rather than a few bottles as I can probably harvest the yeast, (£7 if i buy wyeast/white labs) and reuse the keg (£7) as an easy gallon to take to party's! And it's only £18 total so it's £4 for all the beer really, silly not to!

Clef051 said:
I'm going to buy ____ cause they have the bottles I like to put my home brew in.

I need to drink a couple more bottles so that I have enough bottles for my next batch.

That's how I feel all the time. Sierra Nevada Stubbies and the new Kona bottles are winners in my book!

Hawaiibboy said:
That's how I feel all the time. Sierra Nevada Stubbies and the new Kona bottles are winners in my book!

Amen to that! I love the SN bottles. I'll have to check out Kona now!

Mark_ said:
Amen to that! I love the SN bottles. I'll have to check out Kona now!

image-4091197046.jpg

Can't see the detailing the bottle but they have the Hawaiian islands in the glass! Being a home brewer in Hawaii that makes it all that much better when I ship bottles to friends on the mainland!

I love cool,unusual bottles like that. Like the Wernesgruner pils I get at aldi's. It has a crest with hop bines around it on the neck of the bottle. And the words "original German beer" around the shoulder. Or the older Paulaner bottles with the bearded Salvatoran monks around the shoulder of their bottles...gone now darn it.:mug:

unionrdr said:
I love cool,unusual bottles like that. Like the Wernesgruner pils I get at aldi's. It has a crest with hop bines around it on the neck of the bottle. And the words "original German beer" around the shoulder. Or the older Paulaner bottles with the bearded Salvatoran monks around the shoulder of their bottles...gone now darn it.:mug:

Any embossed bottles are pretty cool normally!

On another note:

Is it bad to want a beer at 5am? It's 5 right?

Latest posts

Back