There has to be more of us out there....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogguruami

Reaction score
I know I can't be the only woman on this board!.

So, where are the other women? Whatcha brewing? Whereya located?

I'll start. I am in Florida. I brew beer, wine and mead.

Not a woman, but interested in what wines you make here in Florida. I am a transplant from the Great Lakes wine growing region.

I have tried the wines from the winery in Clermont and they seem weak and watery. It is my understanding that the Muscadine juice is highly acidic and only 20% juice is used in making the wine. *Citation Needed*

Not a woman, but interested in what wines you make here in Florida. I am a transplant from the Great Lakes wine growing region.

As a general rule, if it is traditional I don't make it! LOL Recent batches have been Watermelon, Matcha Date, Blueberry and Orange. The only wine I currently have going is a Tangerine Honey wine that is heavily spiced.

Blueberry wine sounds good! We have quite a few blueberry farms east of Gainesville. I would like to brew an ale similar to Sweetwater Blue.

My favorite wine I ever made had 6lbs of wild blueberries per gallon. It came out a lot like a Merlot. One of these days I will be able to afford to brew it again!!!

I am a woman but I still understand most of the comments people make about then. I usually agree with them. Can't stand 90% of them. But then again I'm pretty atypical, engineer who does not understand girls and their loves of shopping, clothes, and other bull. Give me some homebrew and a non-stop feed of baseball or any other sport and I'm happy.

:confused: Really? I hadn't noticed, but I'm a guy so I probably wouldn't notice so much...

As a woman I probably define 'women bashing' differently than a man. LOL

Regardless, some of it is funny and some of it is some of the things that used to irritate me about my ex-husband. :)

oh they are here ,yooper, lady_brewer, nurmey, ericsred, and others

Wow... a mention right after Yooper *blush* (granted I am guessing that it is the name that makes me pop to mind so quickly :D)

I am in Newfoundland, and I have been making beer and wine... have thought about doing a mead, but am not sure who would drink it.

As for the "women bashing" - I think most of it is good-natured guy talk... I have been in a number of social circles that were male-dominated and what goes on here is pretty normal (if not tame) in comparison.

None of us really enjoy having limits put on our hobbies by another person... for most people here in that situation (whether is is just on a random day or all the time) that person is a female SO...

But :mug: - nice to see other ladies around :D

My favorite wine I ever made had 6lbs of wild blueberries per gallon. It came out a lot like a Merlot. One of these days I will be able to afford to brew it again!!!

I would be interested in the recipe... we have great wild blueberries here... I finally have an outlet for the 5 gallons of berries I actually like picking each year...

Y'all have computers in the kitchen????
:confused:

If I wasn't laughing so ****ing hard, I'd have to ban you.

I guess there are quite a few females around, but I never thought of it that way. We're all brewers, for the most part, with a few mead makers and wine makers thrown in too. Of course I know that some of us are females, but I don't think it's obvious (well, except for the dominatrix avatar, and lady_brewer as an ID!). I really do NOT want to be known as a "woman brewer". That actually denigrates my skill, I think.

I haven't seen any women bashing, so I'm very surprised to see that others have seen it. Remember to use the "report this post" button to report all offensive posts, whether they are racist, sexist, vulgar, etc. so that the moderators can handle them.

I still laugh when I've met some of my fellow brewers and they seem surprised to find out who I am in person. I am a fairly small, middle aged, about-to-be- grandmother. But brewing is a passion, and I make a passable brew.

I starting with winemaking, and still consider myself a country winemaker. Mostly local (free) fruits- crabapple, chokecherry, rhubarb, dandelion, blackberry, cherry, grapes (catawba), etc. I planted trees so that many of the wines I make come from my own fruit. My "everyday" wine is an oaked chokecherry, and it's a very nice dry dinner wine.

For beer, I have an indoor two-tier all-electric HERMS system.

I think it's great all the women are on here! Women are usually the cooks in most households, so it is a natural that they would be great brewers!:rockin::mug:

Back