The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dudius said:
This was something else I wondered if it would be explained because Carol isn't seen dying but she wasn't seen in the latest episode. I figured they thought Carol died but I think we'll find her character divulge on a seperate path for a while. As long as they don't spend as much time doing nothing but look for her the way they did Sophia. That ticked me off.

In the previews for next week they pull a knife out of a zombie that was Carols, so I think they are going to look for her, agreed with the Sophia thing, way too long.

On The Talking Dead they said that in addition to the distended stomach the zombie had Lori's hair hanging out of its mouth to show what had happened.

I'll have to go back and check it out...

I'm hoping zombie Lori will make an appearance in the future. There's no way 1 zombie could eat a whole body bones included.

I was hoping when they went into the child care facility that there would be a bunch of ankle biters! But noooooooooo.

Still a great show.

Do you know this from the comics? Now that you say it, I can see why they showed the zombie's stomach being distended. But still, there wasn't a single remnant of her body there. If this was the case, they didn't make it clear enough, especially considering it would have been a very strong moment for the show.

There was a long-ish brown hair in his mouth and a body-sized trail of blood over to his location. I assumed he was going to cut open the zombie's stomach and get a ring or necklace or something that would make it obvious he had eaten her.

There's no way 1 zombie could eat a whole body bones included.

Agreed. There were at least two on T-Dog and he only had his ribs picked clean. I really don't want her to show back up, they did that with Sophia, but I do wish they'd explain where the rest of her went.

I was hoping when they went into the child care facility that there would be a bunch of ankle biters! But noooooooooo.

^^^This!^^^ I thought the baby terror in Pet Cemetery was one of the scariest/freakiest things. A whole load of baby zombies would have been awesome.:rockin:

There was a long-ish brown hair in his mouth and a body-sized trail of blood over to his location. I assumed he was going to cut open the zombie's stomach and get a ring or necklace or something that would make it obvious he had eaten her.

I thought he was going to do the same thing. Cutting it open for a ring would make sense. The repeated stabbing of the zombie's belly was just weird. I can only assume it was part of an angry/delusional moment.

I think his entire interaction with the episode was an angry/delusional moment. I have to admit though.. with as distant and cold as he's been toward Lori lately, I'm surprised Rick is taking it THIS hard.

I think his entire interaction with the episode was an angry/delusional moment. I have to admit though.. with as distant and cold as he's been toward Lori lately, I'm surprised Rick is taking it THIS hard.

remember, tho... Rick slept through the apocalypse; Lori's is the first death of a loved one he's had to endure.

remember, tho... Rick slept through the apocalypse; Lori's is the first death of a loved one he's had to endure.

Excellent point. That hadn't occurred to me :-/ I'm more worried about Carl though.. I can't quite figure that kid out.. and seeing/doing that with his mom will have to do some serious damage to the kids psyche.

Roadliner said:
Excellent point. That hadn't occurred to me :-/ I'm more worried about Carl though.. I can't quite figure that kid out.. and seeing/doing that with his mom will have to do some serious damage to the kids psyche.

I encourage everyone to read the comics :mug:

Even if they hadnt been getting along you never want your wife to die.
I can't wait to see whos calling, and I got 10 bucks on darryl running into merle while looking for carol.

I dont think we will ever see zombabies after them catching some crap for the sophia shooting scene.

BTW carl is getting scary, but I suppose any kid spending there formative years in the zombocolypse is gonna be a bad ass

I've been working on the comics, but not up this far yet. Course the show is way different than the comics.

huntingohio said:
I dont think we will ever see zombabies after them catching some crap for the sophia shooting scene.

Did they really? That's ridiculous, seeing as it was one of the most memorable, well-done, and emotionally gut wrenching scenes of the whole series.

But yeah, +1 to wanting zombabies. Hey, if adults/children are "walkers", does that make zombabies "crawlers"?

Did they really? That's ridiculous, seeing as it was one of the most memorable, well-done, and emotionally gut wrenching scenes of the whole series.

But yeah, +1 to wanting zombabies. Hey, if adults/children are "walkers", does that make zombabies "crawlers"?

Yeah they did it was on msn.com for a week and Nancy grace and some talking head [I think it was racheal maddow]at MSNBC got ahold of the scene and showed it what must have been 20 times. I think they both used it as a jumping of point for an hour long rant about how violent our culture is. Its funny because they were airing at the same time, only 5 channels apart, basically ranting in sync.

BTW a BIG +1 on the gut wrenching an memorable, Sophias and Dales deaths just set up for this seasons "no hope for what was humanity" theme. I'm not ashamed to say it but when she walked out of the darn I actually yelled at the T.V. "F%^K YOU!, thats not right!"

Silent hill didnt catch any crap because the video game industry generally isnt subjected to the scrutiny that cable is. One exception to that rule is GTA for some odd reason the media seems to have the biggest hard on for it.

huntingohio said:
Yeah they did it was on msn.com for a week and Nancy grace and some talking head at MSNBC got ahold of the scene and showed it what must have been 20 times. I think they both used it as a jumping of point for an hour long rant about how violent our culture is.

Look at how horrible this is! Look again, see the horror? And again. And again. And again....

Huh... yeah, Nancy Grace makes sense. But dangit, I like Rachel Maddow. Why did she have to go and eff up like that? :D

Nancy Grace is much more frightening than the Walking Dead.

It never ceases to amaze me what I manage to find on the internetz when I go to teh googlez for something, no matter how weird, sick, or twisted I may think something is, someone's already thought of it.

This is what I got when I decided to search for "Zombie Nancy Grace."

China.Org

000cf1a48b7f1019974506.jpg

The only thing scarier than Nancy Grace on 'Dancing With the Stars' is zombie Nancy Grace on 'Dancing With the Stars.'

If it exists, it's on the internet.

Also, Rule 34 (don't google search that one at work)

used to be, in movies and TV, you weren't allowed to show the shooter and the shootee on the screen at the same time.

TWD doubled-down by showing a kid as the shootee

my problem with the scene was that Rick shot her with his hand cannon and she wasn't knocked back into the barn, she just fell over

I guess they forgot about the whole beginning of the series with Rick capping a young girl zombie in the first episode?

Now Now.. we all know that in the zombie apocalypse, children will be immune to the infection as to not offend anyone.

There's different types of 'reality' when talking about a show/movie like this.

My favorite part of the show is the fact that its written in a way that you can see this happening with only a few minor assumptions required. I think that's why zombies are so enjoyable: all you need to do is say 'virus' and its mostly believeable.

What's not reality in this show is headshot after headshot coming from people whose firearms training is extremely limited. The fact that Rick is the leader has always bugged me too. The way his character is written, and his constant indecisiveness in the first two seasons just makes it unbelieveable to me that most of that group, especially Darryl, would still be following him.

Expecting to see a zombie fly through the air when shot with what more than likely is a .38 is not reality. That fact that there's zombies in a zombie show is fine by me.

guess I overstated how much I expected her to be knocked back, but it didn't even make her head flinch. I would have expected that at least.

I do love the show, but lots of things bug the hell out of me about it. Like when they were searching for Sophia; cover as much area as possible by walking single file through the woods?

Totally agree ABG. Was it this thread where we talked about how movies and shows like this require suspension of belief to buy into their rules, but once bought into you expect them to be consistent?

Example: in Men In Black I believe Will Smith's tiny gun sending him flying because I've bought into alien gadgets, but in Walking Dead I expect realism out of the weapons because the universe doesn't include magic guns.

A more relevant example may be: I believe that Neo became an expert gunman in 2 weeks because he had the info hard jacked into his head but don't buy Andrea becoming a head shot machine while driving 2 weeks after she struggled to hit a swinging log.

I do love the show, but lots of things bug the hell out of me about it. Like when they were searching for Sophia; cover as much area as possible by walking single file through the woods?

I almost stopped watching because of that entire season. Other than a couple of the episodes and the ending, it was boring and horrendous. All of the time spent looking for her, and the way they went about it is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to Rick. It's just not believable that the group didn't fracture because of his decisions during that period.

Totally agree ABG. Was it this thread where we talked about how movies and shows like this require suspension of belief to buy into their rules, but once bought into you expect them to be consistent?

Example: in Men In Black I believe Will Smith's tiny gun sending him flying because I've bought into alien gadgets, but in Walking Dead I expect realism out of the weapons because the universe doesn't include magic guns.

A more relevant example may be: I believe that Neo became an expert gunman in 2 weeks because he had the info hard jacked into his head but don't buy Andrea becoming a head shot machine while driving 2 weeks after she struggled to hit a swinging log.

Some people [especailly females] can have mad natural skill at shooting. It just takes calming there nerves and sight picture focus. I wouldnt belive it but I've seen a girl going from missing a torso target at 7 yds to repeatedly doing the 2 in the chest one in the head in a matter of hours with a good coach. Most went from not hitting the target to fist sized groups in under a day

Airborneguy said:
That's reality. Flying backwards when shot is made up movie BS. Even a 12ga with buckshot only knocks someone back a little bit.

As someone who has shot a lot of critters, I can tell you without having to do the whole energy transfer math thing that flying backwards is total B.S.
Even with high power rifles, I've only seen a deer knocked back a handful of times. Usually without loosing their footing.
Actually only seen a couple that reacted to a rifle shot as much as a person does to a handgun in a movie.
One deer was hit with a 444 and the other with a 338. Both of which have many times the energy of any handgun.

I almost stopped watching because of that entire season. Other than a couple of the episodes and the ending, it was boring and horrendous. All of the time spent looking for her, and the way they went about it is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to Rick. It's just not believable that the group didn't fracture because of his decisions during that period.

That's been my love/hate relationship with this show, as posted in this thread numerous times over the last few seasons. This time I actually have had little to complain about. I think they finally have balance the zombie killing/soap opera ration perfectly this time around.

Airborneguy said:
I hate when people quote me and then their statement leaves me unsure whether they're agreeing with me or not. :)

Well I will quote you again then!

I do agree with what you said.
Like I said, I've shot a lot of things with high powered rifles and they don't get knocked around the way a person being shot by a small handgun does in the movies.

I'm not sure how is zombie react to being shot. Since they don't get a lot of chance to eat they're pretty light weight.
They're also not very strong.
Rotten tissues pretty soft though.
Not much energy transfer when a bullet passes through something soft.

Revvy said:
That's been my love/hate relationship with this show, as posted in this thread numerous times over the last few seasons. This time I actually have had little to complain about. I think they finally have balance the zombie killing/soap opera ration perfectly this time around.
Yeah, I have a feeling the producers kept an eye on the internet or something. Though I've heard they changed writing staffs for each season, hopefully they stick with this one because they're doing something right. I mean, when you go from six episodes to thirteen and then to something around twenty or more (I forgot how many episodes they said this season would be but I'm pretty sure its well over what season 2 had), you'd think now would be the time for filler. Instead, there was a lot of filler in season 2 and then they learned to cut the fat and write a better show.

Rotten tissues pretty soft though.
Not much energy transfer when a bullet passes through something soft.

:mug:

I was going to add something about this into my initial response, but since I obviously don't have experience shooting zombies or already dead bodies, I left it out. But I'd make the same assumption. Rotting tissue more than likely would absorb the energy of a bullet much like a pillow would, at which time the body would merely crumple from losing it's source of momentum, be that a virus, paranormal energy or what-have-you.

I agree on the reality thing, but I have to admit.. when it comes to shows like this. I care more about entertainment value than reality. An ya have to admit. Seeing someone blown back 3 feet by a "hand cannon" is more dramatic and entertaining than the realistic doubling over that would most likely really happen

Back