The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roadliner said:
I agree on the reality thing, but I have to admit.. when it comes to shows like this. I care more about entertainment value than reality. An ya have to admit. Seeing someone blown back 3 feet by a "hand cannon" is more dramatic and entertaining than the realistic doubling over that would most likely really happen

At least in this show, unrealistic but more dramatic or fun events(like 'magic' guns) kills what I expect of it. What I expected of TWD was to see a post apocalyptic world, how humans in it behave, the complications of the lack of control, laws and government, a return to a stone age tribe organization but with some modern elements, what people are capable to do to others when there are no repercussions and also how sometimes the human spirit can be noble... I think they have failed to do so, especially in the season two, when the show looked more like a telenovela with a zombie theme. So for me unrealism makes it harder to believe what is happenig.

So far in season three they are starting to explore what I wanted the show to be, and I'm happy about it.

At least in this show, unrealistic but more dramatic or fun events(like 'magic' guns) kills what I expect of it. What I expected of TWD was to see a post apocalyptic world, how humans in it behave, the complications of the lack of control, laws and government, a return to a stone age tribe organization but with some modern elements, what people are capable to do to others when there are no repercussions and also how sometimes the human spirit can be noble... I think they have failed to do so, especially in the season two, when the show looked more like a telenovela with a zombie theme. So for me unrealism makes it harder to believe what is happenig.

So far in season three they are starting to explore what I wanted the show to be, and I'm happy about it.

I think season two was meant to show the decay of what most people called "humanity" or "civilization", refernced by sophia and darrel being killed off the poverbial "symbols of humanity", then the killing of the first threat in shane. Now they are animalistic, and some kind of neo-tribal society How ever I will say I find this season so far to be poorly written and a bit over-dramatic. I think they are trying to hard to pack in a bunch of action and story telling. I know somehow it will get better though.

He might be an anthropologist or archaeologist. My old man is both and says stuff like that all the time :D

I think season two was meant to show the decay of what most people called "humanity" or "civilization", refernced by sophia and darrel being killed off the poverbial "symbols of humanity", then the killing of the first threat in shane. Now they are animalistic, and some kind of neo-tribal society How ever I will say I find this season so far to be poorly written and a bit over-dramatic. I think they are trying to hard to pack in a bunch of action and story telling. I know somehow it will get better though.

I totally agree about season 2. I think you are referring to Dale being killed; Darryl is still around (and the best character IMO).

Season 3 has had some strange elements, and the psychosis that Rick seems to be suffering from now is a little off-the-wall, but other than that I'm enjoying Season 3 far more than the soap opera season.

Over-analyzation to the max.

How is that over analyzing? In every story a character has their own role. A reason the writer bothered to take the time to write them in, whetere its to die an epicly entertaining death, or be the hero.Dale was meant to represent justice and what we consider society. He even said it in his exchange with shane over the hidden guns, telling him he belonged in that world, atleast he still had his humanity, yada yada yada. Kind of obvious what he was meant to be.

Airborneguy yep that was a typo meant dale.

I do have to say that I watch this show more for the peek into the human mind during the end of society aspect. I'm not one much for the constant action. If I wanted to see zombie heads chopped off and corpse piles I'd stack em 20 deep on nazi zombies or left 4 dead

huntingohio said:
How is that over analyzing? In every story a character has their own role. A reason the writer bothered to take the time to write them in, whetere its to die an epicly entertaining death, or be the hero.Dale was meant to represent justice and what we consider society. He even said it in his exchange with shane over the hidden guns, telling him he belonged in that world, atleast he still had his humanity, yada yada yada. Kind of obvious what he was meant to be.

Airborneguy yep that was a typo meant dale.

I do have to say that I watch this show more for the peek into the human mind during the end of society aspect. I'm not one much for the constant action. If I wanted to see zombie heads chopped off and corpse piles I'd stack em 20 deep on nazi zombies or left 4 dead

I agree with all of this. I can almost guess who in my life would act like what character in TWD. And its an interesting study to see how events change a persons rational way of thinking.

Carl just needs to stay in the Damn house and loose that hat lol

How is that over analyzing?

I wasn't honing in on you. I just meant the last 2 pages of this thread especially, but really the whole thread. It's insane how caught up some of you are with the most minor details, as if you were part of the actual production crew.

Sorry if I'm interrupting something, but I refrained from reading this thread because I hadn't caught up on the show yet. I'm smack dab in the middle of season two now and I just watched the episode where they found Sophia as a walker. If there was anything I thought could make me cry, The Walking Dead certainly was not it. I mean didn't actually cry, I'm a man for God's sake. But I did get misty eyed and felt very sad.

Eh.. don't feel bad.. happens to the best of us.. I mean not to zombie kids getting killed. But Marley and Me?? Gets me every time. Or I'll tell ya a crazy one.. Patch Adams..

John Wayne at the end of the sands of Iwo Jima.
Sad thing. The battle is over then they had to kill the duke.

I kinda agree it is a tear jerker.. but I would say more so when Simba goes and crawls under hispaw to sleep next to him more so than when he actually dies.

I disagree. Simba finds him and pulls on his ear. "Come on, dad. We have to go home. We have to go home." I'm tearing up just thinking about it. It's been a long time since I've seen it, so that may actually be the exact same part as you're talking about.

I believe it is, as it's been a while since I saw it too. I just remember after Simba goes to him, he wedges himself under Mufasas paw and falls asleep :)

Eh.. don't feel bad.. happens to the best of us.. I mean not to zombie kids getting killed. But Marley and Me?? Gets me every time. Or I'll tell ya a crazy one.. Patch Adams..

Yeah I cry everytime Metalica threatens to come out w/ a new album.....

[sobbing] Go back to the drinking and drugs, you were better then.

If your on twitter or facebook look up Cloyd Rivers. He's the number one Merican. Smoke tires not drugs!

1CTXzASW.jpg

"Why has this "'merica" become a thing? It's all over the internet for some reason. I guess I missed something"

south park.. team america world police. That's where you'll find Merica! (F yea!)

Ok, made the decision this morning to catch up on this thread. Between cooking breakfast for SWMBO and me and going to the store to get brewing water, I just now finished reading all 998 posts. Perfect timing, too, as I am about ready to start heating my sparge water. I'm not going to call it "overanalyzing," but I've read a lot of things about this show that I never would have considered just thinking about it on my own. I'm very excited for tonight's episode and if all goes according to plan I'll be just finished cleaning up in time to catch it without having to take up a recording spot on the DVR.

This season has absolutely made up for season two. There is drama, storyline, and above all else more zombie slaying. My only complaint is that they are killing off too many people, and are not really giving us the time to get to know the characters. Oh and Andrea is now my new Lorrie. If my partner told me this new place that we were holding up in was shady I would absolutely take her word and bounce out of there. Not hang out and say oh your stupid.

Back