The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell was up with that zombie being there anyway? That room was secure enough that Lori, Carl and the other girl spent enough time there to birth a baby. How did that one suddenly get there? And what was the point of that anyway? The whole thing with him looking at its stomach and all before going crazy on it.

The door was left open and all of the walkers were walking around in the halls. One finally got in there and ate Lori's body. Kinda ate it pretty fast too. It was about 15 minutes after dieing.

Yeah, I couldn't make that out either and was he stabbing the zombie in the guts out of anger and/or because that's where Lori was?

The phone call is weird, wouldn't they need electricity for the phone system to operate?

Also, could the Gov be any creepier? Brushing her hair and then baggin her head. I head his character was disturbed but I never pictured this stuff.

You don't need electricity for a rotary phone. I truly hope he's lost his **** and is hallucinating.

The door was left open and all of the walkers were walking around in the halls. One finally got in there and ate Lori's body. Kinda ate it pretty fast too. It was about 15 minutes after dieing.

I thought he was going to gut the zombie and take out Lori's head and carry it around like a football.

I wonder why someone would call the boiler room of a jail unless he's tripping balls. The episode prior we saw the jail has some electricity because the alarms were set off.

I'm also waiting to see the black man and his son from the first episode or two to show up (I feel it needs to happen because all of season 1 Rick was trying go radio him).

One finally got in there and ate Lori's body. Kinda ate it pretty fast too. It was about 15 minutes after dieing.

Do you know this from the comics? Now that you say it, I can see why they showed the zombie's stomach being distended. But still, there wasn't a single remnant of her body there. If this was the case, they didn't make it clear enough, especially considering it would have been a very strong moment for the show.

How did Carol die? I remember T-Bone dying and Lori's assumed demise. Not Carol though.

Do you know this from the comics? Now that you say it, I can see why they showed the zombie's stomach being distended. But still, there wasn't a single remnant of her body there. If this was the case, they didn't make it clear enough, especially considering it would have been a very strong moment for the show.

I have no idea about the comics, or if this is anything like it but it did seem like he was digging around in there, like he was going to pull her out and bury her or something.

Airborneguy said:

My best assumption is something will be explained later. And my first thought was the walker he stabbed in the stomach looked fat and bloated but resembled a pregnant woman. I thought him stabbing the stomach had to do with Rick dealing with his pain of losing her during childbirth.

Im just glad that this episode was a little less intense. After last week, I don't know if I could emotionally handle any more greusome deaths! The wife was in tears, I was in shock, we were a mess. I love this show.

How did Carol die? I remember T-Bone dying and Lori's assumed demise. Not Carol though.

Agreed, I don't like how they just ignored her, especially considering they had T-bone sacrifice himself for her. She must be dead though because they showed 3 graves and Darryl must have been placing the flower on her grave considering they've had a thing going. It is sort of weird considering she was a main character. To basically have her just disappear is a little weak.

Airborneguy said:
Agreed, I don't like how they just ignored her, especially considering they had T-bone sacrifice himself for her. She must be dead though because they showed 3 graves and Darryl must have been placing the flower on her grave considering they've had a thing going. It is sort of weird considering she was a main character. To basically have her just disappear is a little weak.

This was something else I wondered if it would be explained because Carol isn't seen dying but she wasn't seen in the latest episode. I figured they thought Carol died but I think we'll find her character divulge on a seperate path for a while. As long as they don't spend as much time doing nothing but look for her the way they did Sophia. That ticked me off.

Uhh... Is this a serious post?

Apparantly there were MANY people who thought the Lori death episode was emotionally intense and were very moved by it to the point of tears. Go figure! I guess the entire audience was not comprised of diehard Lori haters who just wanted the bish to croak already ;)

That's not to say you should have loved her either. She was a bish. But that's her character. Try not to get so worked up over it.

Apparantly there were MANY people who thought the Lori death episode was emotionally intense and were very moved by it to the point of tears. Go figure! I guess the entire audience was not comprised of diehard Lori haters who just wanted the bish to croak already ;)

That's not to say you should have loved her either. She was a bish. But that's her character. Try not to get so worked up over it.

If you're so upset over this show (or any other) to the point that you actually need an emotional break to reset yourself, I hope you guys are never involved in an actual stressful situation where others rely on your actions.

Airborneguy said:
If you're so upset over this show (or any other) to the point that you actually need an emotional break to reset yourself, I hope you guys are never involved in an actual stressful situation where others rely on your actions.

+1 lol

This was something else I wondered if it would be explained because Carol isn't seen dying but she wasn't seen in the latest episode. I figured they thought Carol died but I think we'll find her character divulge on a seperate path for a while. As long as they don't spend as much time doing nothing but look for her the way they did Sophia. That ticked me off.

But why dig a grave for her? They don't have the luxury of burying empty caskets like people strangely do sometimes in real life. The mound, the marker and Darryl's flower implied to me that they know she's dead. After all, as you said, they always attempted to find anyone who disappeared in the past. The only reason they left Andrea was because they had been overrun. Even then, they considered going back after they regrouped.

The same can be said for your intense emotional hatred for Lori. Anger management classes in order perhaps? It's just a show, calm down.

I'll rest on the fact that far more people seized on your stupid comment a while back than the grand total of you and kbentley who apparently are the only ones who "got" Lori.

Seriously though, anything else that us imbeciles are missing about the show? Might as well show off your superior intellect a little more since the cat is already out of the bag.

PLEASE HELP I saw yesterdays episode but missed the previous week, Everyone seems to be talking about it and I'm lost. I'm in NY and we just got power back from the hurricane. Still don't have Internet or cable. Can someone please copy the episode to DVD and send it to me? I'll gladly pay postage.

@airborneguy: You need to calm down man. You're picking fights on the internet with someone about a tv show. Time to reevaluate who is being a child here and maybe who "gets" real life a bit more.

I have a question. My feed glitched during the second from the last scene of the episode, at the Governor's Celebration. There's cheering as a shirtless guy comes running out, under torchlight, it looked like some sort of gladitorial battle was being set up or something. The broadcast came back at the prison just as the phone started ringing.

What happened at the celebration? Was it human on human combat, or did they release a bunch of zombies and shirtless guy had to fight them?

I know in the coming attractions for next week, the Governor tells Andrea that it was Ok that she got turned on by the fighting....so WTF?

@airborneguy: You need to calm down man. You're picking fights on the internet with someone about a tv show. Time to reevaluate who is being a child here and maybe who "gets" real life a bit more.

I guess you forget that a whole ONE page back you brought you crap up again? Now you're going to try to take the high ground? Sorry pal, good try. You're not talking to someone who's easily shook up.

I wasn't trying to fight with you about it though (especially you personally). But it seems as if you're the one with the sensitive character. Moving on...

I have a question. My feed glitched during the second from the last scene of the episode, at the Governor's Celebration. There's cheering as a shirtless guy comes running out, under torchlight, it looked like some sort of gladitorial battle was being set up or something. The broadcast came back at the prison just as the phone started ringing.

What happened at the celebration? Was it human on human combat, or did they release a bunch of zombies and shirtless guy had to fight them?

I know in the coming attractions for next week, the Governor tells Andrea that it was Ok that she got turned on by the fighting....so WTF?

They have a "ring" set up with zombies held back by chains. Merle and the guy you saw fought and periodically the chains would be released, letting the zombies come closer to them as they fought. That scene definitely showed how sick they are in that little town.

Airborneguy said:
They have a "ring" set up with zombies held back by chains. Merle and the guy you saw fought and periodically the chains would be released, letting the zombies come closer to them as they fought. That scene definitely showed how sick they are in that little town.

Haven't seen the episode yet but I'm so glad they included this from the books!

I don't get the fight though. Loser gets bit? I understand blowing off steam but if they arent fighting the zombies then why?

Airborneguy said:
A sick version of WWE? The governor did say something about it being staged.

Books said it's done to give the inhabitants an outlet for humanity's darker drives in an otherwise idyllic community. Similar to the scene in The Matrix where it's explained humanity couldn't handle a perfect world, or how some people believe football is the modern equivalent of gladiator arenas and people are so rabid about it because of an inate affinity for violence.

They don't have any teeth, So they can't get bit. That's why Merle pulled the zombie ladies teeth out with pliers after they pulled the new batch out of the hole in the ground.

earlier scene had Merle pulling walker's teeth & The Governor explained that the chained zombies in the gladiator ring were toothless

another earlier scene: The Governor, Merle and Milton (mad scientist) slinging cases of craft beer from an actual brewery in Atlanta - http://www.redbrickbrewing.com/?page=beers

glad to know there will still be something for us to drink in the post-zombie-apocalyptic world, besides skunked fizzy piss-yellow BMC

which I believe is the actual cause of the zombie apocalypse

On The Talking Dead they said that in addition to the distended stomach the zombie had Lori's hair hanging out of its mouth to show what had happened.

I'll have to go back and check it out...

Ahh makes sense I was half asleep watching the episode so I didn't put two and two together.....still odd though should be barehand zombie fighting , that would be sweet.

They don't have any teeth, So they can't get bit. That's why Merle pulled the zombie ladies teeth out with pliers after they pulled the new batch out of the hole in the ground.

There's a little bit of a misjudgment there, because people can still get scratched, bled on, malled, or tore apart in other ways by the walkers. The Governor's group calls them "biters" so I guess removing teeth is believed to be the only way of ensuring that the zombies can hurt them. False sense of hope though. Rick's group knows better. Michonne knows best, going so far as to remove their jaws and arms.

There's a little bit of a misjudgment there, because people can still get scratched, bled on, malled, or tore apart in other ways by the walkers. The Governor's group calls them "biters" so I guess removing teeth is believed to be the only way of ensuring that the zombies can hurt them. False sense of hope though. Rick's group knows better. Michonne knows best, going so far as to remove their jaws and arms.

I was actually talking to my wife about this during the show. I guess if they removed the teeth and pulled out the nails as well they should be alright. Still pretty daring.

Ahhhh. I didn't put 2 and 2 together there. Thanks.

On The Talking Dead they said that in addition to the distended stomach the zombie had Lori's hair hanging out of its mouth to show what had happened.

I'll have to go back and check it out...

I didn't see that, but wasn't looking. If you catch it, post a screenshot?

Back