The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
525150_10150852617589071_607089175_n.jpg

About to go to the fire station I work at to watch it. Don't think they would let me bring my homebrew there. Wishing I had cable at this time.

About to go to the fire station I work at to watch it. Don't think they would let me bring my homebrew there. Wishing I had cable at this time.

Do you have good internet access there? I don't have cable, but there's quite a few places streaming it.

Justin Tv has a few folks streaming, but there's always a chance bots will take them down when the main broadcast starts. But it's always worth a try. http://www.justin.tv/directory/entertainment (I'm watching a feed on my tv via my Roku through Jtv)

http://myrtv.eu/ is the backup stream for the hoster I'm watching on Justin...there's even a n HD stream.

Ufreetv has a couple AMC stream. Any pop up boxes on the screen you might see, click on the x's to close them. http://ufreetv.com/amc.html

Well. I'd say that either the rest of the season will take place in one cell or they got some of their special effects budget back.

I wonder how people who haven't read the comics will feel about Melchionne's character.

i don't read the comics, but i would if there was spin off about the adventures of daryl's evil brother's severed hand. I thought for sure they would run with that.

Rick's turning to the dark side bit by bit. He needs to be a mix of what he is now and how he was in the past season if he wants to keep his sanity and total control of the group.

Carl is taking on more of those confident/controlled/wise/morals we saw earlier from Rick, with none of the new bad.

Michonne needs to be more mysterious, hard, and dark. I much preferred the hooded cape badass look with no words vs. the approachable shorts & tanktop with so much concern for that bratty old blonde.

Love how Glenn & Daryl's characters are developing. Though Daryl and his cold loner tendencies might win over his current group mentality/protector role in the end upon his brother's return.

Maggie is just plain hot.

Lori's character is full of drama and stupidity, but she's kind of a victim of Rick's emotional abuse at the same time.

Hershel's leg chop scene was crazzzzzzzy!!

I agree with most of your comments except for Lori. She's done stupid thing after stupid thing and is generally useless. She's only alive because of Rick.

Curious to see when/how they reveal the events that seem to have occurred in between seasons... I don't remember them from the comics.

Also, they just released Compendium 2! On its way from amazon.

I guess...

You have to put yourself in her shoes. Her stupid things were justified in her reality when she thought Rick was dead. Plus, Shane was always a scheming yet charming guy.

bobbrews said:
I guess...

You have to put yourself in her shoes. Her stupid things were justified in her reality when she thought Rick was dead. Plus, Shane was always a scheming yet charming guy.

Oh not even that far back. Her car accident is one example, the way she went to Rick about Shane being dangerous but then being upset at him when Rick killed him in self defense, yadda yadda. Andrea has a nice little exchange with her in season 2 that I liked.

You have to realize that Lori questioning his actions is because she doesn't want Rick to turn into Shane. Lori loves Rick for who he was in the first two seasons... Moral, sane, wise, thinks before he acts, a good role model for Carl... All of which Shane was none of and what she is afraid Rick will become...especially with a baby on the way. She needs that sanity from him.

You have to realize that Lori questioning his actions is because she doesn't want Rick to turn into Shane. Lori loves Rick for who he was in the first two seasons... Moral, sane, wise, thinks before he acts, a good role model for Carl... All of which Shane was none of and what she is afraid Rick will become...especially with a baby on the way. She needs that sanity from him.

So you mean to tell me she was banging the one guy she doesn't want her husband turning into? Either way Lori is useless and quite frankly annoying.

I can't stand Lori. My wife and I were praying she would take the final magic carpet ride last season. I hope that baby is a zombie and eats her from the inside!! I think this was a great opening episode. It made up for the doldrums of last season and the stupid farm. Hopefully it stays this way.

Great opening episode. If I were anyone in the group, perhaps T-Bone or Daryl, the conversation would go something like "I'm pregnant" "So am I to understand that after putting us in danger so many times, and having survival skills that are limited to washing and or peeling carrots, you have managed to find the one way to make it even less likely for us to get wherever we are going without being zombie food? Yeah, F you."

CreamyGoodness said:
Great opening episode. If I were anyone in the group, perhaps T-Bone or Daryl, the conversation would go something like "I'm pregnant" "So am I to understand that after putting us in danger so many times, and having survival skills that are limited to washing and or peeling carrots, you have managed to find the one way to make it even less likely for us to get wherever we are going without being zombie food? Yeah, F you."

This all over.

It pissed me off when Lori got so upset when Rick killed Shane, at a point when I thought she was already making bad decisions and putting people in danger. And now being pregnant? And possibly having a baby that you can't stop from crying, drawing zombies directly to you? Yeah, I agree... F that.

I don't think I've ever hated a character on TV as much as I currently hate Lori. I look forward to the day she gets torn apart by a horde, or herd as they like to call em.

Also, the face peeling off scene was one of the best things i've ever seen on TV.

If you remember back, Lori actually wanted to abort the baby because of the very reasons you guys are emphasizing. She kind of talked herself out of it through Dale & Glenn's supportive comments and her own love and respect for Rick. Maggie mocked her for her decision to abort it at the expense of her and Glenn's lives. So that's four people who wanted her to keep it and to Rick about it instead of rushing to get rid of it. Shane obviously wanted her to keep it and T-Dog along with Hershel were constantly telling her not to lift things, getting rest, and trying to take it easy... so that's seven people who either directly or indirectly supported her pregnancy.

Therefore, your arguments about it being her decision alone to keep it and risk the safety of the group does not hold water. The only one who directly snapped at her for going through with the pregnancy was that girl Beth, and around the same time, Beth slit her own wrists. The producers kind of told us there that Beth was not good at making decisions for others if she can't make the right decision for herself.

I definitely do not think Rick would approve of Lori aborting it in any situation. He knew that it might be Shane's because she brought that up when she told Rick she thought he was dead. He still accepted it and wanted the baby with that 50/50 chance it might be his.

And I don't know about Lori being useless. She's killed plenty of zombies. You're just not remembering because she's like 7 months pregnant now and taking the sidelines. If there was anyone who was useless, it would be Sophia's mom. I can't even remember her damn name.

Spoiler Alert: Lori actually does end up dying soon though according to the comics.

And I don't know about Lori being useless. She's killed plenty of zombies. You're just not remembering because she's like 7 months pregnant now and taking the sidelines. If there was anyone who was useless, it would be Sophia's mom. I can't even remember her damn name.

The difference between Lori and Sophia's mom is that Sophia's mom isn't at the center of a **** storm like Lori. She may be on the sidelines as far as contributions, but she's also on the sidelines as far as stirring the pot goes.

Carol is certainly useless, but at least she doesn't deliberately put herself or others in harm.

I feel like Carol is a weight they have to drag around but Lori is a weight that tries to shoot you.

How does Lori put others in harm? She's stupid and stirs the pot, but she is not malevolent like Shane, shady like Daryl, or full of attitude like Andrea. I just explained the majority of group support for her having the baby. Harm is constantly around the group despite Lori's involvement or not. And the group will continue to be harmed in many, many ways after her death. Someone like Shane or Merle are much more adept and bringing harm to the group than Lori as we've seen. Truth is Lori and Carl are kind of easy to hate because they're so helpless and ridiculous. But that is how their characters were written. We are now seeing Carl overcome that, whereas Lori is now a fragile pregnant lady.

A great death would be Lori having twins, one healthy, one stillborn. Then the stillborn comes back to life and kills Lori... Rick having to put down one zombie baby, while his other baby lives.

bobbrews said:
A great death would be Lori having twins, one healthy, one stillborn. Then the stillborn comes back to life and kills Lori... Rick having to put down one zombie baby, while his other baby lives.

That's so sick...and awesome...

Lori does things like drive off by herself which leads to a car accident that then makes Shane have to leave the group to go find her. She refuses to let Carl learn to shoot a gun and is even hesitant to learn herself. It's stuff like that that bothers me way more than the fact that she's pregnant and if you re watch season two you can see a few situations where she certainly stirs the pot a bit between Rick and Shane.

Lol. I just "get" the story and the characters a bit more I think. I have always analyzed people quite well. Part of having a psychology degree I guess. But I've also read the comics so I know kind of where the producers are going and what the original writer intended.

bobbrews said:
Lol. I just "get" the story and the characters a bit more I think. I have always analyzed people quite well. Part of having a psychology degree I guess. But I've also read the comics so I know kind of where the producers are going and what the original writer intended.

I too have read the comics. Hated her in those as well.

Carol is certainly useless, but at least she doesn't deliberately put herself or others in harm.

I feel like Carol is a weight they have to drag around but Lori is a weight that tries to shoot you.

Carol was actually handling a rifle this time at least! I can't remember her killing many walkers up to this point.

Also, is it just me, or was there more walker-killing in the first episode of Season 3 than in the first half of Season 2? :rockin:

Also, is it just me, or was there more walker-killing in the first episode of Season 3 than in the first half of Season 2? :rockin:

Indeed, there was some mad zombie killing going on. Long may it continue while they try to clear the prison.

Back