The [Very cool] Dr, Who SPOILER thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
This thread is for spoilers. I can't be arsed to wait for everyone to see the shows. We need a place to discuss what we have seen without fear of spoiling it for others. Perhaps we should do this for the Walking Dead thread too?

This thread is intended to supplement the original very cool thread, not replace it.

Anyone reading beyond this post has been warned about spoilers and deserves what they get.

Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool, but I'm delighted at the way the burden of killing his home planet has been lifted from the doc! That aspect of the show never did sit well with me. The 50th special was certainly a great start for the next series, and I was SO pleased to see Tom Baker make a showing, he was the longest serving doctor, and the one most proud of the part he played in the series. I almost got a chubby when he appeared.

I'll certainly have to watch this show again when I am alone, so that I can study it better and not keep pausing to explain stuff to the missus! :eek:

Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool, but I'm delighted at the way the burden of killing his home planet has been lifted from the doc! That aspect of the show never did sit well with me. The 50th special was certainly a great start for the next series, and I was SO pleased to see Tom Baker make a showing, he was the longest serving doctor, and the one most proud of the part he played in the series. I almost got a chubby when he appeared.

I'll certainly have to watch this show again when I am alone, so that I can study it better and not keep pausing to explain stuff to the missus! :eek:

Thanks LGI! I never would've watched if you hadn't posted this. I tried watching the new Dr. Who, but found it difficult to get into. The 1st Dr. Who I ever saw was Peter Cushing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who_and_the_Daleks

Years later I watched & thouroghly enjoyed Tom Baker as Dr. Who. When Peter Davidson took over as the Doctor, I quit watching, till a couple years ago when I tried watching Christopher Eccleston & just couldn't get into it.

Now that I know Tom Baker shows up later, I'll have to see if I can suffer though the new guy long enough to see the old Doctor. I also think Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) was the best companion. "I'd have rattled that bird till the Scots claimed to be Welshman." :D
Regards, GF.

I think the best part (besides the NOT blowing up Gallifrey), was giving the Doctor something to do. Not only is his temperament possibly going to change due to this massively impactful piece of information, now he's got to go out and FIND Gallifrey!

I had forgotten that I read Baker was going to be in it, but as soon as I saw him in the show I recognized him. Even at his advanced age he is not hard to recognize.

I only wish that red-headed hotty, Amy Pond could have made an appearance.

Back