The San Diego area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very happy i moved away from La Mesa's "Oktoberfest" area. was always such a pain in the ass dealing with drunk losers in that town over that weekend.
It was the only time of the year that I absolutely hated living near the La Mesa Village.

It was the only time of the year that I absolutely hated living near the La Mesa Village.
me too. I love that area. There's a cool little cigar bar called Hoffer's that has a nice tap selection right there, but the Oktoberfest just sucks.

me too. I love that area. There's a cool little cigar bar called Hoffer's that has a nice tap selection right there, but the Oktoberfest just sucks.

NO WAY BRO - WHEN I DRINK BECKS IN A LITTLE CHAIN LINK CAGE I FEEL SO FESTIVE LIKE A REAL GERMAN

I love Hoffer's. They consistently have great beer on tap and from what I hear their cigar selection is outstanding as well (I don't smoke cigars, but I have a few friends that are really into them).

NO WAY BRO - WHEN I DRINK BECKS IN A LITTLE CHAIN LINK CAGE I FEEL SO FESTIVE LIKE A REAL GERMAN
Do they even serve Beck's anymore? I thought one year they had Lowenbrau, then the next year they didn't have any German beers at all...

Do they even serve Beck's anymore? I thought one year they had Lowenbrau, then the next year they didn't have any German beers at all...

This year they had Sam Adams Oktoberfest. The two previous years were even worse. I remember seeing Karl Strauss Endless Summer Light, Red Trolley, maybe Tower 10 and thankfully Oktoberfest.

El Cajon was amazing this year though. 2 or 3 offerings from Warsteiner and Hoffbrau. Weihenstephaner, Spaten, and 2 other breweries as well were being poured.

Any ideas of how long this will last? Any chance it's around until Friday or is that a pipe dream?

SRS my bros - I can't be pumping up the trade value if I am trading PRECISELY ZERO. Drink a bottle before you idiotically trade for some KBS.

I overheard a girl telling the guy behind me 7K, as I left. Did I mishear?

Danielle's comment was 2040. Also - there were 6 barrels. 55 gallon Heaven Hill. Even with zero Angel's share - that's 3520 12oz bottles. 1/4 Angels Share over 16 months in the barrel would be 2640 bottles. The pub had a 5 gallon keg on today, and Danielle said a 15.5 gallon keg is in the wings waiting. I'd imagine there are several more 5 and 15 gallon kegs.

Last edited:
Really bad timing for me to be out of town. If it doesn't last a couple of days, would anyone be interested in sharing a bottle and doing a side by side comparison with my last remaining bottle from the previous release (2009)?

Surprised that wife and I were 2nd and 3rd in line at 10am. Was anticipating a **** show today. Grabbed food at the pub, bailed around 1, line was still there but probably only 10 deep.

Now she's napping and I'm getting ready to dome some hoppy birthday. This honeymoon kicks ass.

Surprised that wife and I were 2nd and 3rd in line at 10am. Was anticipating a **** show today. Grabbed food at the pub, bailed around 1, line was still there but probably only 10 deep.

Now she's napping and I'm getting ready to dome some hoppy birthday. This honeymoon kicks ass.

Nice Prius bro. That thing got a V8?

Oh damn - they all look the same lol

Not a hybrid?

I'll take my POS three banger plastic fit, thankyouverymuch. 34mpg let's me buy a lot more beer.

Were you in line with us up front? Untied shoes perhaps?

Back