The San Diego area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are my favorite Alpine releases. Wouldn't mind if they never did bottles or growlers.

jimmy status?
882.gif

Disagree. No Bad Boy growlers would suck. I can't exactly go up, drink 4 pints, and go home.
go up twice a week, take turns being DD with wife.

with no growler fills it would be on at the pub for weeks. no rush.

Disagree. No Bad Boy growlers would suck. I can't exactly go up, drink 4 pints, and go home.
You raise a good point, I guess if the kegs go into distribution I'm cool with draught only but if the special release is on-site only then growler fills should be permissible IMO.

I wanted to stop at 10 for Alpine - meaning a 1/6 barrel kegs worth, but I kept going up without stopping by home first. Self control etc

So they are talking about a special release next Tuesday - in growlers.

Not Keene
Not Chez Monus ( specifically stated this would be bottled )

So....

?

Only things I have planned so far for SDBW are a giant bottle share, a DG tournament, and then possibly the Speedway event. I will also probably hit up PPOB a few times just because.
Heard the Speedway event this year is spread over 3 days and is at AleSmith, not O'Briens anymore....

What's up? I'm the new guy here. Only been into craft beer for a few years now but I love how San Diego has a ton of great offerings. I went to a Pliny tapping at Obrien's earlier this year...line wasn't that crazy, only about an hour. I imagine that place will be pretty packed though during beer week.

What's up? I'm the new guy here. Only been into craft beer for a few years now but I love how San Diego has a ton of great offerings. I went to a Pliny tapping at Obrien's earlier this year...line wasn't that crazy, only about an hour. I imagine that place will be pretty packed though during beer week.

Only about a ****in' hour is not crazy to you?!!? Follow Toronado on FB next year for PtY. They'll stealth tap - you go drink 4 pints with no line.

Only about a ****in' hour is not crazy to you?!!? Follow Toronado on FB next year for PtY. They'll stealth tap - you go drink 4 pints with no line.
it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I read some folks posting on twitter that they waited about 2 hours at some locations. best part was by the time I finished my two pliny's the line was no more and I was able to walk up and grab another. I'll check out Toronado. thanks, tips like that I can appreciate.

that is the only reason I am thinking of going. If it was at O'brien's I would have passed. I am curious about the details (tickets? same beers every day? price? etc)
I believe I saw the initial details on one of their e-mail newsletters (which I have since deleted). But I remember it saying they're going to spread it out over 3 days and it will be a ticketed event. No details about which beers/day or same all 3 days. I'm probably going to be out of town for this so Coconut Vanilla Speedway will slip through my fingers yet again...

Tom is mad butthurt over it. Not sure if they're still doing 'TION' nights anymore.
He should be mad butthurt, O'Briens is incredibly too small to host an event as popular as Million Zillion Speedway. Good for AleSmith for taking matters into their own hands and trying to get their beers to as many people as possible.

Anyone seen Rumpkin or TREAT in SD yet this year?
Also, I heard Bevmo's should be getting Velvet Merkin today or tomorrow.

Isn't it about the time for Whale? I know they haven't mentioned that one but growler fills and something special that they haven't had in a while...

Back