The Outdoor - indoor kegerator, suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdizzle

brewing' in the free world.
Reaction score
I am looking at building a BBQ island setup, with kegerator. I want it all built in, so tap tower would be mounted to the top of the counter.
Ok no way am I going to spend $2000 on official outdoor unit.
I actually have been using a Haier indoor unit, which I built a cabinet for, and it sits outside for the last 7 years without issue. In sunny california, direct sun and exposed. I do put a box cover onto of the tap tower to keep it from boiling.

So has anyone had any luck doing this but figuring out how to get the cool air to go up into the tower??
I can cram 3 cornies in there and got 3 taps. Let me know what you have done.

What did you end up doing? I am in a similar situation as you...Building an outdoor kitchen in Phoenix, however it will be covered. Looking to do a built in to ideally fit 3 (or 4) cornies...

Did you end up going with a front venting "outdoor rated" fridge or did you just build space around your fridge? What model did you go with that can fit 3 cornies inside?

Thanks!

I was wanting to do something like this on my deck when I do my kettle grill table build. My plan is to build a ventilated cabinet for the mini fridge diy kegorator that is lined with thick styrofoam. I know some guys use a computer fan by making a cowl for it out of a plastic food container to blow cold air up into the tower from the fridge below. I've been assuming this would be fine out there, but there might be problems im not thinking of.

Latest posts

Back