Small Kegerator Under Counter In Cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjordan06

Reaction score
Hello!

I am installing a Kegerator in my soon to be finished basement finish. I am wanting to hide a small unit inside of a base cabinet (butchered to fit the refrigeration) with a tap up through the counter top. The issue I am running into is most of the Kegerator units made for under counter use are cabinet depth and cannot be hidden inside the cabinet.

I have found this unit: EdgeStar KC1000SS Stainless Steel EdgeStar Craft Brew Kegerator - kegerator.com

It is shallow enough to be hidden in the cabinet but not designed to be under counter. Is it feasible to convert this unit to an under counter application with the tower mounted on top of the quartz counter top? If so, what does that look like?

Thank you for any insight you may have!

It would be difficult to mount the tower on top of the quartz, drill 2 inch hole through the quartz and then connect airtight from the top of the kegerator to the bottom of the quartz. I guess you could build a box (make it three sides with front removable panel, and insulate it well. main issue is to insure that the fan moving air can get up to the tower.
My issue is it is a one keg box. ;)

Thank you for the response. So the better way to go would be to use the designed builtin kegerators and not hide it in a cabinet?

It would be difficult to mount the tower on top of the quartz, drill 2 inch hole through the quartz and then connect airtight from the top of the kegerator to the bottom of the quartz. I guess you could build a box (make it three sides with front removable panel, and insulate it well. main issue is to insure that the fan moving air can get up to the tower.
My issue is it is a one keg box. ;)

Sure it would be, but I think a lot depends on what you are trying to accomplish, what your wife will allow(if you are married), what money you have to spend and your skill at eliminating and hiding ugly conversions. I can see if you are only able use this area, you might need to kludge something together.

Back