The Masterpiece is Complete: My New Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br1dge

Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting the pics of my Keezer. Finished it just in time for it to make its debut at my wedding. Still have some small tinkering to do when I get around to it due to the rush to finish. Now I just have to get brewing again so I can refill the pipeline.

Seems fitting that this is post 100 for me. Enjoy! :rockin:

Started with a 12 cu ft freezer from craigslist. Primed and painted black.

whte frz grg.jpg
Primed.jpg
Shiny black.jpg

Stained Red Oak 1x8 for the collar. Love controller. 4-way manifold. Dual Hinges. 2 Perlick 525's and 2 575's.

Collar.jpg
Manifold.jpg

This will be the standard setup with the 20# tank. Second picture shows the current rats nest which is on my small list of adjustments. Just want to really clean up the inside.

20lb setup.jpg
Current Rats Nest.jpg

And the final pic. Sorry its a little blurry. Ill post more when the camera battery is charged.

Final.jpg

Thanks Tom!!

Everyone should have one of these. I will snap some more pictures when I can to show some of the details. I will try and write up a little more as I can as well. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Ill answer them asap. :mug:

Nice build! I'm building something very similar right now. I have a question - why do most people set their faucets off to the right instead of on center?

Nice build! I'm building something very similar right now. I have a question - why do most people set their faucets off to the right instead of on center?

Mine are off-center (to the left side) becuase the compressor hump on my freezer is on the right side. I didn't want to risk the tap shanks bumping into the kegs sitting on top of the hump.

But that's just me ...

As Cricky mentioned you dont want them on the same side as your hump or you risk limiting kegs you can fit or kegs bumping into them. My plan was to add in a handle in between the taps and the controller. I still may do this but it turned out that I love the grain pattern that is right about where I was going to put my handle.

I am not sure I have ever seen a set of taps located in the middle. For some reason it seems like it might look a bit strange. To each his own though. Thats what makes it fun.

Back