The Joy of Brewing???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotemWolf

Reaction score
Woo Hoo!! It worked again for the ### time.

Why is it that even after years of brewing and many batches under your belt you still love seeing that airlock start to bubble on your newest batch. Or am just weird?

Of course there's that first taste of a new recipe. That's so good too.

or maybe when your brew buddy tries it and says, "Oh man, now that's good."

So what part of brewing do you like the best or what part makes smile even if only on the inside?

I think the bubble is my biggest joy. Even after a nightmare brewday like I had on Saturday (pump failed, ran out of propane, MASSIVE rain storm in the middle of my brew), I was really pleased with myself when I came down this morning to find the jug of starsan chugging away.

The joy comes from seeing the creation of life that occurs when we pitch a yeast into an environment we made and the conversion that becomes a truly beautiful thing we will enjoy.

Just brewed this morning and waiting on my bubbles....

Going down into the basement storage to grab myself some graff, and SWMBO asks me to bring up one of the big bottles instead, as she wants some too.

:rockin:

Since I started fermenting in the basement, I've been much more enthusiastic about helping my wife with the laundry.

Before....
WIFE: Hey, can you check my laundry, and throw in another load if it's ready?
ME: Aw man, can't you do it? You're not going to make me separate the new load are you? This sucks...

Now...
WIFE: Hey, can you check my laundry, and throw in another load if it's ready?
ME: Sure thing! I'll, uh, I'll be back... in a bit...

(while I listen to the symphony of carboys bubbling...)

I am still like a little kid when I see my brew bubbling. It is a good thing.

Coming up with a new recipe that turns out good is awsome.

Even better is when other people compliment you on your brews.

These are the joys od homebrewing.......

Woo Hoo!! It worked again for the ### time.

Why is it that even after years of brewing and many batches under your belt you still love seeing that airlock start to bubble on your newest batch. Or am just weird?

Of course there's that first taste of a new recipe. That's so good too.

or maybe when your brew buddy tries it and says, "Oh man, now that's good."

So what part of brewing do you like the best or what part makes smile even if only on the inside?

Your not weird! i think all of us get excited when we see a new batch take off, its kinda a pat on the back that we gave the yeast everything it needs and it is bustin its butt for us. Wanna try weird i have a Rye Pale Ale that went though a 7 hour mash at 145 so that it will be an ultra dry beer!

1. When you nail all your numbers.

2. The bubbles. Always make me proud.

3. Discovering that despite the high ambient temp, yes, your swamp cooler is capable of keeping 50 degree fermentation.

4. When a friend who's never tried one of your brews before belts out in his Russian accent "Now this is beer!" loud enough to hear it on the other side of the house.

Back