The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up! MA ANG will be conducting F-15 flight operations around the state in tribute to those that try to keep the rest of us alive...
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/loca...pital-workers-with-flyover-wednesday/2119014/
Here’s where and when the F-15s are scheduled to fly overhead:
  • Massachusetts State Police Graduation at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough: 12:15 and 12:25 p.m.
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston: 12:15 and 12:25 p.m.
  • Mass. General Hospital and surrounding facilities in Boston: 12:15 and 12:25 p.m.
  • Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston: 12:15 to 12:25 p.m.
  • Jamaica Plain VA Medical Center in Boston: 12:15 to 12:25 p.m.
  • West Roxbury VA Medical Center in Boston: 12:15 to 12:25 p.m.
  • Framingham Union Hospital in Framingham: 12:15 to 12:25 p.m.
  • UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester: 12:25 to 12:30 p.m.
  • DCU Center/St. Vincent’s Hospital in Worcester: 12:25 to 12:30 p.m.
  • Mercy Medical Center in Springfield: 12:35 to 12:40 p.m.
  • Baystate Medical Center in Springfield: 12:35 to 12:40 p.m.
  • Holyoke Medical Center in Holyoke: 12:35 to 12:40 p.m.
  • Holyoke Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke: 12:35 to 12:40 p.m.
  • Cooley Dickinson Hospital in Northampton: 12:40 to 12:45 p.m.
  • Northampton VA Medical Center in Northampton: 12:40 to 12:45 p.m.
  • Western Massachusetts Hospital in Westfield: 12:40 to 12:45 p.m.
  • Baystate Noble Hospital Westfield: 12:40 to 12:45 p.m
1588736131676.png

Cheers!

Given the lack of alternative activities available, lately it's all about tackling long neglected "landscaping opportunities".
Been putting in 6-7 hours non-stop on non-raining days and have not only made a bigly dent in the work, my own burn-rate is keeping up with my beer intake.
I'm still on the same belt notch :ban:

Making Pasta was my gym (Seriously, kneading that dough is work, had sore arms and pecs the next day) a few days ago, and today it was moving some lumber. At least I couldn‘t eat the lumber when I was done.

Staying safe, working too much at home, for those furloughed, investigating pursuing other interests as mgmt has shown what they think of IT with pay cut for the few remaining. Still doing 10-20mi bike rides with Mrs Awesome as rain permits, who is both keeping me healthy and may kill me for being around too much. Not brewing, no time.

Down 20 lbs. Got a new dog and walking him 2 miles a day. Waiting for the yeast to drop on the latest batch of tripel. Minor yard work and home maintenance.
I really think "re-opening" is too early, and we're going to see a big surge in covid. Staying sequestered.

Staying safe, working too much at home, for those furloughed, investigating pursuing other interests as mgmt has shown what they think of IT with pay cut for the few remaining. Still doing 10-20mi bike rides with Mrs Awesome as rain permits, who is both keeping me healthy and may kill me for being around too much. Not brewing, no time.
Man that sucks. It’s great to have a job when this is all over but getting a pay cut, ugh. My SIL works at a book store, they were one of the last things to close. As the public library closed the people that would hang out there started to Do the same at the store, even after the chairs were put in storage. The company paid a reduced rate for 2 weeks the furloughed her. Of course, unemployment was calculated at the low rate. The extra 600/week is nice for her.

Feel like sharing, sorry if it's uncomfortable, but my neighbor's wife and kid just came over to tell me he just passed, completely unexpectedly and suddenly yesterday, not from Covid, but at 3 years younger than me at 58 I am in total shock. Raise one for Jim tonight.

Feel like sharing, sorry if it's uncomfortable, but my neighbor's wife and kid just came over to tell me he just passed, completely unexpectedly and suddenly yesterday, not from Covid, but at 3 years younger than me at 58 I am in total shock. Raise one for Jim tonight.

My sympathies, and I will raise a glass tonight. I am 63, and it's always a shock when so many of my aquaintances pass at a relatively young age. Some you expect, most not.
But, like they say, nobody gets out of here alive.

Brewed another nice pre prohibition lager today, rye forward instead of corn. Gonna come out nice, as usual, I predict.

The rest of it, you don't want to hear about....

Actually, I have a curiosity wrt brewing with significant rye content.
If I may ask, what was your grist percentages, and did you do anything "special" wrt the rye that you don't do without it?

Cheers!

Yesterday's brew was 10# pilsner, 4.5 # Irish stout malt (basically a plump two row pale with fairly high diastic power, not unlike MO) 2.5# rye malt, 1.5 red wheat malt, 1.5 flaked corn. for a grain bill of 20#, which is my usual grist weight, added to that was 1# rice hulls to help keep mash open with adjuncts.

The rice hulls being the only "special" consideration for the rye, not really needed with corn & wheat in those percentages, but rye gets gummy in mash. I do have a 3 roller mill now, which helps. The rye and wheat malt dulled the old barely crusher noticeably.

How you Massholes and Masshole wannabe’s doin’? I’m worried about you guys.
I'm working part time at the state liquor store in my town. Well, lately, I could almost be considered full time. When everyone is stuck at home with spouses and kids, booze is essential. Our business has increased by about 37% these last several weeks.

How you Massholes and Masshole wannabe’s doin’? I’m worried about you guys.
I went from being on the road every M-F to working from home, and am the busiest I've been in years.
Thanks to some other groups in the company, we all have had to reduce our working schedule by 20%. I've had the past four Fridays off with one remaining to go until we get an update on work schedules. Sucks in that I'm working 12-13 hours/day to keep up with what I had been working in 9-10 hours/day, but having a 3-day weekend every week has sure allowed me to get caught up on projects I've put off for a couple years.

That's a pretty famous spot on the cape. I spent like an hour over the weekend reading the fire on the Facebook page. He's a great guy and does a lot for the community and kids. I then went to his Google reviews to see what people posted about the event. The only reviews were from last year and he constantly posted how great his kids were. He's a hero in my book

People are crazy, or spoiled little bitches getting rude and nasty because they thought one thing, and found another. Stressing over ice-cream! Well, it really isn’t about the product it’s about control, and it’s still unacceptable. Okay rant over, thank for the nice video Dude. The teen that quit has a go fund me. I guess the aholes can apologize with a contribution to her college fund now.

I'm working part time at the state liquor store in my town. Well, lately, I could almost be considered full time. When everyone is stuck at home with spouses and kids, booze is essential. Our business has increased by about 37% these last several weeks.

Jeezuz H Christ! Talk about letting the inmates run the asylum.

I had some fu<ktard screaming at me yesterday when I swabbed her nose for covid. She got a tiny little bit of a bloody nose and she sounded like she was being mauled by a dull toothed alligator. She was screaming that I had assaulted her. I had to have my medical assistant go back outside to discharge her, if I'd gone back out to listen to this a-hole for another ten seconds I would have punched her in the f'ing throat. She peeled out screaming that she was going to call the police on me. I would gladly change my life right now for a 9-5 job bolting on rear view mirrors in an automotive plant.

OTOH, she's been the only one to act like that. Everyone else has been great. I'm just bored out of my mind and I really wish I had gone out and told that f-tard off.

Hey, how you doing?

Doing fine. Never moved so quick when I got a notification of this just down the street. So there's no word yet on immunity and antibodies?
IMG_20200513_170409.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_170409.jpg
    IMG_20200513_170409.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
There are a ton of words, most of them mean nothing. F-tards in the WH, F-tards in the CDC. F-tards (more than anywhere else) in the media. Everyone is pointing fingers and trying to assign or avoid blame. No-one could have predicted this, it is a new disease.

Hey, I predict that there is going to be a new breed of sharks that can fly out of the ocean and eat everyone over 35 years old who once ate broccoli. We should develop test to determine who those people are and raise your tax dollars 50% to prepare for that eventuality and stockpile them under a mountain in Colorado.

Ah fu(k it. I finally had a day off, drank a bit and miss my granddaughter and my Mom, neither of which I can probably see till August. I think the hypoxic effects of breathing through an N95 mask for three months are evident.

I like Fauci. You can Monday morning quarterback all you want and you can be wrong but the dude stands behind science. He voices his opinion succinctly. Money needs to go to protection of first responders and prevention with research.

EDIT: your mom rocks btw

Hang in there PTN, but got to admit, as distracting as stuff we got to do(on job sights and ish) to comply with pandemic protocol, can't imagine having to deal with protocol in a health care facility.

Don't let them a holes get to you neither, behind most of those critters like that is likely a lot of pain they're in, even if self inflicted.

If by " this" you mean Corona Virus then yes it was quite predictable. SARS, Swine Flu MERS - all corona viruses. As far as blame well lets be real, it is meat eaters fault. The mistreatment and caging and mass corraling of animals is to blame. If you eat meat - you help spread corona viruses (yes plural) its just that the proliferation that has been affecting animals for years is not well known or a concern for most humans, or at least a concern that will make them eat less or no meat, eggs, or animal milk.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...espiratory-pathogens/coronavirus-animals.html
https://rapidcityjournal.com/busine...cle_cb1038a0-5b01-514f-ae7e-ad7cc162be50.html
"There are many different versions of human and animal coronaviruses throughout the world. Many animal caretakers have probably dealt with coronavirus infections for years without realizing it. Swine producers and their vets have fought Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) Virus and (historically) Transmissible Gastroenteritis (TGE) Virus. Companion animal veterinarians recognize Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) Virus as a cause of illness in cats — all coronaviruses."

And the crazies come out of the wood work...

The common cold is a strain of corona virus. While you are at it, why don't you go on a rampage about the deadly Dihydrogen monoxide which is present in all living beings and the cause of many more deaths each year than the present SARS-CoV-2 which is rampaging across the planet? This deadly chemical is found in plants, so maybe we should stop eating anything which comes from plant life as well. Why don't you give it a try and we will stand back and document the results...

Dihydrogen monoxide is the main constituent of beer. Sorry, no can do.
Meat is my diet. I accept no responsibility for spreading the coronavirus. I don't even drink Corona.

Latest posts

Back