The brewing commandments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Satan makes make better beer because heat sanitizes.
He never made beer anyhow, he was a wine-o!
How do you explain this . . .

Devil-Girl-red.gif

I found this Commandment long ago and it is my Home Page in my browser.

[ If the author wishes credit, please post. I would like to thank him or her personally.]

Stepaway_copy-orig.jpg

Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's brew!

Thou shall not get toasted causing thou to have to sleep in thy desert.

Thou shall not get a DWI

Thou shalt enjoy the fruits of thine labor.

Thou shalt spread the gospel of homebrew so that others may knowest its pleasures.

Pick a style, any style (hopefully something simple like a pale ale), brew it until you get it right. Then feel free to move on to something more challenging.

This. OH, this.

Here's mine: Thou shalt not talk smack about Big Breweries, for their brewmasters are better brewers than thou shalt ever ever be, probably make bigger salaries than thou shalt ever see, and successfully deal with challenges that would make thy hair curl. Yea, verily, their beer tasteth like nothing much, but therein lies the greatest challenge, for is it not written, "Any idiot can brew IIPA, but there's nowhere to hide flaws in BJCP Category 1A"? I say unto thee, it's really kind of groovy and zen, when you come to think on it.

Okay, maybe that's a bit long-winded, but you get my drift. ;)

Bob

Thou shalt learn the ABC's: Always Be Cleaning

Thou shalt gather that which is breakable and critical two-by-two

(wait I never understood that, isn't two-by-two four?)

Brewing is for the Procrastinator. If you are impatient, Find a new hobby.

I personally am very impatient. I find brewing to be a great hobby for me as I believe it has helped me with what I would consider a personality flaw.

Back