The Brewer's Tale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
A friend that works for Norton just gave me a copy of this book by William Bostwick. I've only read the introduction, so far, but I can tell it is a very well-written book. And I have a feeling it is going to be a super interesting and also educational read.

The author traces back the history of beer to the people that brewed it and also brews his own versions of historic recipes. I'm not expecting this to be a really technical book about brewing. It seems to be more focused on the culture and people that the various styles of beer came from. Right up my alley.

According to Amazon.com it won't be available for a couple more weeks. So, it's good to have a friend that works for the publisher. :rockin:

I'll definitely be curious to hear thoughts from others that check out the book. I know there is no shortage of technical books about any given aspect of beer and brewing, but this is one that might lighten a pathway toward connecting more with non-brewing friends that are interested in beer.

Sounds like what I'm doing in one chapter of the book I'm writing about my journey through this happy madness of home brewing. Beer is such a fascinating subject in view of it's long history. From Cromagnon to sumer & Mesopotamia to the colonies. There's some amusing stuff in that history, other things ironic in today's view.:mug:

Back