• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ultimate Beer by Michael Jackson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT2sum

Reaction score
1609183856061.png

This is a 'used' 192 page book, dust jacket/protective cover is intact with minor 'wrinkledge' and a small tear on the lower front. All of the book corners are undamaged. Book, without the cover on it, looks like new. No damaged or wrinkled pages, no writing or defacement on pages - looks like it's either never been read, or it set on the shelf for vanity's sake!
Published by DK Publishing, INC. 1988
ISBN 0-7894-3527-6

$40.00 U.S.
Free shipping if shipped by media mail. Other shipping will cost you more.

Michael James Jackson (27 March 1942 – 30 August 2007) was an English writer and journalist. He was the author of many influential books about beer and whiskey. This is Michael Jackson's cornerstone book on beer. Its simply one of the best and most entertaining beer guides on the market.

From the dust jacket: "The Ultimate Guide to more than 450 classic brews, presented by The Beer Hunter himself, Michael Jackson. Appreciate the flavors and ingredients of beer, from the sharp hoppy bite of an India Pale Ale to the rich, sweet malt of a German double bock. Learn to serve beers to complement wide range of food, from red and white meats, shellfish, and vegetarian specialties to chocolate and fruit deserts. Explore how cooking with different beers can enhance the flavors of both sweet and savory dishes. Discover and enjoy the unique characters of different styles of beer and choose the right one for every occasion."

You might want to check Amazon and compare what this is selling for over there. Not slamming your ad but its always a good idea to see what others are asking when setting you price.

Thanks for your post Kevin58;
Yeah, I've seen other offers to sell, some from $12.99 to $69.99. I figured on half way! If no one was interested, so be it. I figured if someone was interested and didn't like my price, they'd at least make an offer. Thanks for steering any potential buyers to Amazon, that will sure help me sell this book :sarc: - a PM would not have so blatant!

Since others seem to think it is their duty to comment negatively on the price of my item, I would take down this thread if I knew how to.

BTW, I rarely use Amazon or Ebay, so your comments are useless to me - I put the price that I wanted for the item, NOT what a seller on another site might value his/her item at.

I guess that some persons feel superior by having to go around price-shaming others for the value of their items. This item is no longer for sale, it'll just sit on my library shelf so that I shall make both Karens happy!

I don’t think anyone is feeling superior about letting you know that it can be bought cheaper somewhere else, I had a double take on your price and if that’s the price you want then that’s what you want I’m not going to offer you less I’ll just look somewhere else. I think the other posters were just trying to help you, if you can’t see it that’s fine. It’s fine if you don’t use amazon or eBay but don’t think the rest of the world doesn’t so just keep that in mind next time your trying to get rid of something.

Agreed. The market is dirt poor, and all it takes is a quick look around.

Shame, great book. I won a trip to England with my wife while working Goose Island, dinner with him for multi-course beer dinner, White Horse, Parson's Green, London. My wife's uncle is mentioned in his book. Pretty cool.

Back