The beginnings of Brew McQ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY done.

I haven't had a 9 hour brew day in a long, long time. Painful.

I need a bigger boat. Errr.. brew kettle. I have such limited time these days that I hate taking up a whole day doing back-to-back batches.

Also, I'm super NOT happy with my pump. Pretty sure I killed it.

And we'll see how the new plastic conical works out. It still had kind of a "plasticky" smell to it, but I decided f*ck it. I scrubbed the hell out of them (with a soft cloth to minimize scratches, before anyone freaks out), then soaked it in Starsan forever. Don't fear the foam.

I never did update..

The plastic conical worked as advertised. I didn't bother saving yeast, trub, whatever, and wound up using my auto-siphon to pull the beer out of it.. but man.. two full kegs.. that's nice..

So talking it over with SWMBO, I'm upgrading to a 25-gallon pot so I can do 10-15 gallon batches with ease (BiaB), and double brewdays will mean 20 gallons, not 10.

So last night was kinda slow at work and I listed out all the beers that I've brewed... which is a lot. So I'm designing a new brew delivery system (taps n the keezer, behind the bar in the pub, instead of through the wall), and will eventually have 6 brews on tap at all times.

Ironically, I'm drinking less now than ever before.

But I'm dialing in my equipment and recipes.. so that's a Good Thing.

Latest posts

Back