The Beer in Your Hand Right Now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oberon67

Reaction score
Hey y'all... what are you drinking just now?

Me, I've been lucky enough to lay my hands on a four-pack of Weyerbacher's Insanity Ale. For those who don't know, it's a barleywine aged in used bourbon barrels. Big ale with a big flavor... not a session brew. In fact, one is usually about all I want.

WeyerbacherInsanity.jpg

my other beer is a coffee. but we have a great thread on the subject down in the Drunkards section! come on down and join the insanity where only 25% of the people will judge you for your choice of beverage 25% of the time. 13% of us will do that 100% of the time for no reason.

It is 8:15 AM. I have a stout to bottle and another IPA to brew. If I had a beer in my hand this early, and the three bottles to brew the IPA, I'd probably screw up the yeast pitch.

Haven't had a beer in 12 days, haven't brewed in over 6 months.

Right now I'm brewing an IPA and I just cracked open a Founders Centennial IPA. And it's a beautiful day in Houston after crap weather. Cheers!

Drinking coffee right now and enjoying a pipe with some Dunhill Early Morning Pipe tobacco. Saturday is usually my drinking day to toss a few back while watching basketball games, but my daughter has a BBall game at 6pm tonight. So I'm going to hold off a little bit as I'd rather not have a buzz going to the game.

Looks like the weather is going to allow me to finally get the Christmas lights down, so hopefully around 3 or so I'll have one of the Centennial IPAs i have on tap right now.

Last night I found a four pack of Old Rasputin for only $9, bought that in a heartbeat and had a couple along with my last Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose.

It's 0043 here. A bottle of mill street tankhouse ale and a bottle hefeweizen I brewed (that's two. Yes, I'm double fisting)

Last night I finished off the last of my IPA batch and switched to my session pale. Bottling another IPA today so I won't crack a bottle till tomorrow at least. Haven't bought beer inan few weeks and I've been taking a few days in between. Me and the wife went to the local growler bar a few days ago and each had a 6+abv beer and were feeling tipsy. I thought brewing would mean I would drink more but actually its done quite the opposite. it makes me appreciate what I do sip. #lightweight

I am in that sorry interval between two brews, but I found an unmarked brown PET bottle at the back of the beer fridge which I though was a bottle of Black Rock Cider I brewed last summer. I was resigned to drink it even though it's minus 20 Celsius out there with a -35 windchill factor.

It turns out it's from my first ever batch of Raging Red Irish Red Ale, and that stuff is absolutely outstanding. Right now I'm feeling like I found a 20$ bill in an old coat's pocket! Life's good!

Enjoying my third bottle of my Punkin Ale....After 6 weeks bottled these have gotten very tasty.

KingBrianI's Common Room ESB. This is my second go with this recipe. It's only four weeks in the bottle at this point and tastes pretty good.

Back