Thanks Yooper!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planenut

Reaction score
It was the AG version. I think exactly as Yooper's recipe except for Nottingham dry yeast.

Unfortunately I emptied the keg getting the bottles for the competition. I may have one bottle stowed away.

It was the AG version. I think exactly as Yooper's recipe except for Nottingham dry yeast.

Unfortunately I emptied the keg getting the bottles for the competition. I may have one bottle stowed away.

That's great to hear! I'm glad you were happy with the beer. I'm surprised that it did so well in a "bock" category, since it's not even a lager!

You must have done a great job with keeping the fermentation temperature low, and had a nice neutral yeast to work with. I'm so glad it came out so good for you!

I'm surprised that it did so well in a "bock" category, since it's not even a lager!

That's kind of funny. We only just started getting Dead Guy up here but they want almost ten bucks for a bottle. I bought one back when it first arrived and remember thinking that it was good, but not ten dollars good.

When I saw planenut's post I thought I'd give it a try but changed my mind when he said he won in the Bock category. I can only lager ten gallons at a time (Oktoberfest!). I guess I can give it a shot after all. Didn't think it was a lager.

That's great to hear! I'm glad you were happy with the beer. I'm surprised that it did so well in a "bock" category, since it's not even a lager!

You must have done a great job with keeping the fermentation temperature low, and had a nice neutral yeast to work with. I'm so glad it came out so good for you!

I was surprised too! I entered it mainly for feedback. It is a favorite in the house and always goes quick.

Fingers, I did not lager it. I fermented it at 62F if I remember correctly and dialed it up to 64F after about 3-4 days when activity slowed down. Kept it in primary for probably 14 days and then crash chilled for 3-4 days. Kegged it and just let it get better... :)

Back