Thanks to all of you on HBT!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xybreeder

Reaction score
Just wanted to say over the past few months, I've found everything I need to know in order to brew my very first beer thanks to HBT (or should I say its' search feature ;)). It's amazing that not once did I need to post a new topic/thread because someone had already asked my question before! :)

I'm in a beer club where I debuted the brew this past Friday night, an AHS American IPA. It was a huge hit, tasted delicious, and I couldn't have asked for anything better for Brew #1. I am confident that without HBT, my first brew wouldn't have been near good as it was (or should I say IS!!) :rockin:

Thanks also goes out to HiGravShawn, who also is in our beer club. Helping him as an assistant brewer the past 6-9 months made a huge difference and he was of great help throughout my brew-venture!

So now on to my second brew, a Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout clone, which is just now finishing up the 1st week in Primary. So as long as HBT doesn't go anywhere, I should be good!

THANKS AGAIN & CHEERS HBT FAMILY!! :mug:

Like you, this site has helped many of us. Hopefully, you can pass on some of the knowledge you've learned to others on and off the forum.

:mug:,
J

I agree HalfPint, and it's one of the reasons I keep such detailed logs (see my signature referencing my brews), to share with others EXACTLY what I did. Of course the other reason was to have something to share with more experienced brewers in case the beer came out bad/wrong. Glad to say I didn't need that analysis this time!! :ban:

Just wanted to say over the past few months, I've found everything I need to know in order to brew my very first beer thanks to HBT (or should I say its' search feature ;)). It's amazing that not once did I need to post a new topic/thread because someone had already asked my question before! :)

I'm in a beer club where I debuted the brew this past Friday night, an AHS American IPA. It was a huge hit, tasted delicious, and I couldn't have asked for anything better for Brew #1. I am confident that without HBT, my first brew wouldn't have been near good as it was (or should I say IS!!) :rockin:

Thanks also goes out to HiGravShawn, who also is in our beer club. Helping him as an assistant brewer the past 6-9 months made a huge difference and he was of great help throughout my brew-venture!

So now on to my second brew, a Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout clone, which is just now finishing up the 1st week in Primary. So as long as HBT doesn't go anywhere, I should be good!

THANKS AGAIN & CHEERS HBT FAMILY!! :mug:

Cheers! :tank:

HBT is a great site and the folks have helped me tremendously.

Pay it forward in the future!

I learned everything about brewing from this site as well, my beers have been amazing thanks to this bunch of goons here! soon you will be on this end of the thank-you's as well! Keep learning, and never be shy on asking questions, or seeking advice here, most of us are happy to help ease a worry or point you in the right direction.
So lift that pint of homebrew proudly.. PROST! :mug:

Wow. It sounds like you wanted to make sure you were an expert before you even tried your first one. I can't fault someone for wanting to brew a perfect beer. All of the formulas, calculations and warnings about what to do and what not to do can certainly intimidate someone. I never really understood what "relax don't worry have a homebrew" really meant until I made my first all grain. It's so easy it's silly. It's only complicated and intimidating because people make it seem that way.

Wow. It sounds like you wanted to make sure you were an expert before you even tried your first one. I can't fault someone for wanting to brew a perfect beer. All of the formulas, calculations and warnings about what to do and what not to do can certainly intimidate someone. I never really understood what "relax don't worry have a homebrew" really meant until I made my first all grain. It's so easy it's silly. It's only complicated and intimidating because people make it seem that way.

You're exactly right, not to mention the 1000's of posts of people either worried about (unnecessarily probably) or in an all out panic about their brew; for a noob, you can easily interpret that as high rate of failure or complexity. :)

All in all, with a little extra time/research (you have to do something at work, right?), it was all worth it, and now I can't wait to start adding variables to my processes/ingredients/etc (here I come all-grain!! :)). :mug:

I learned everything about brewing from this site as well, my beers have been amazing thanks to this bunch of goons here! soon you will be on this end of the thank-you's as well! Keep learning, and never be shy on asking questions, or seeking advice here, most of us are happy to help ease a worry or point you in the right direction.
So lift that pint of homebrew proudly.. PROST! :mug:

Thx azscoob / CHEERS!! :mug:

I agree with you guys. If it werent for this place I would not be the drunk I am today!

HBT is an awesome place. Hell...I have a huge sticker across my kegerator fridge.

Back