Texas, your savior is here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Texas needs to work on its infrastructure and transportation issues. It would be nice if every state did so, but there is no money. It's too tied up in squandering.

A good bit of tension there kids. I thought the flame wars were supposed to go on in the debate forum.

"I'm kind of wondering why the Mods haven't shut this thread down", he said loudly to no one in particular.

A good bit of tension there kids. I thought the flame wars were supposed to go on in the debate forum.

"I'm kind of wondering why the Mods haven't shut this thread down", he said loudly to no one in particular.

Hahaha, wow, totally didn't realize this was not the debate forum... good ole' "new posts" button :D

My posting intention was not as a debate piece, I guess because I didn't take it seriously. It was just a "this is funny" item.

I was all ready to make a Chuck Norris joke, and that was the whole thread. Classic.

Rush Limbaugh was born in Missouri his radio show broadcasts from NY, NY
Glenn Beck was born in Washington State his radio show broadcasts from NY, NY
Bill O’Reilly was born in NY, NY. He attended Harvard. His show broadcast from NY NY

Why are any of these things the fault of the people of Texas?

Chuck Norris is a B grade actor. He has never been elected to public office & has not until
This year been known for political commentary. He does not represent the people of Texas.

Yes the great idiot was our governor, but not everyone here voted for him and even if they had they were simply exercising their rights as citizens. People who say that you have no rights if you don’t agree with them are not liberal, they are not conservative, they are crazy.

I never said or meant to insinuate anything about Texans. My use of 'they' is in reference to the radical right wing that seems to not be able to coexist in America without wanting a revolution, or to need to have their own country to control.

I did think Texans had thicker skins, though. :(

If it's any consolation, I have been anxiously awaiting California falling off the end of the country since this was first mentioned in the 60's. :D

The senator from Texas was going on about how everything is bigger in Texas when the senator from Alaska told him to pipe down or Alaska would split and make Texas the third largest state.

(rimshot please)

I'm not from the far left, far right or the far east. I'm the guy at the end of the bar mumbling to himself.

"WHO YOU CALLIN' A PSYCHO!"

yea Texas is a small little place with nothing to do and no one to see. Open plains, desserts, the Davis mountains, South Padre Island summers, Valley fresh citrus, Hill country cold tubing rivers, Highland lakes fishing, the BEST Mexican food in the world, river walk cantinas with 32 oz margaritas and frosty cold cervesa, big mouth bass in lake fork, 31" fat reds caught in the flats off Aransas bay, thousands of acres of open range with too many cattle to count. Dallas with fashion, finance & big hair, Houston with industry, shipping, oil & rowdy night life, Austin with keep Austin wierd mentality & hippy hollow & UT downtown crazy, San Antonio with blue collar bi-lingual small town big city atmospher, Corpus Christi looking out over the windy gulf of mexico. Nothing much to do, nothing much to see, boring backwater hick ass place.

yea Texas is a small little place with nothing to do and no one to see. Open plains, desserts, the Davis mountains, South Padre Island summers, Valley fresh citrus, Hill country cold tubing rivers, Highland lakes fishing, the BEST Mexican food in the world, river walk cantinas with 32 oz margaritas and frosty cold cervesa, big mouth bass in lake fork, 31" fat reds caught in the flats off Aransas bay, thousands of acres of open range with too many cattle to count. Dallas with fashion, finance & big hair, Houston with industry, shipping, oil & rowdy night life, Austin with keep Austin wierd mentality & hippy hollow & UT downtown crazy, San Antonio with blue collar bi-lingual small town big city atmospher, Corpus Christi looking out over the windy gulf of mexico. Nothing much to do, nothing much to see, boring backwater hick ass place.

I am pretty sure Mexico has the best mexican food in the world...

You are WRONG in my opinon I have eaten mexican food in many places in mexico, I like ours better

If it's any consolation, I have been anxiously awaiting California falling off the end of the country since this was first mentioned in the 60's. :D

That is never going to happen!! The tectonic plates aren't shifting that way. Please stop saying that!!!

Sorry, nothing personal, it's just a pet peeve.

You are WRONG in my opinon I have eaten mexican food in many places in mexico, I like ours better

California has the best mexican food, too :D

Really...you can get anything or do anything in California. Plus we have a bigger you-know-what. :p

texas.gif

california.gif

A lot of people have been laid off around here and yeah, it's tough to find a job. There is a saturation of highly skilled people who are not willing to take lower-paying menial jobs.

thats probably the problem all over america though. For example, a large part of this stimulus is aimed at infrastructure. You really think some suit who works on wall street is going to be a road worker? Yea I didn't think so either.

Back