Tennessee Group Hop Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To help to ensure that we are getting the best prices on hops I went out and took a look at the NCM home brew sales catalog. The PDF file that most of you have showing the hops prices is the PDF we would use if we were buying each hop in a 44#'s. The following is what I found on a price comparison with bcrosbyhops.com and NCM: Centennial + 1.89, Chinook +.59, Crystal +.64, Czech Saaz +2.89, Galena +3.92, UK Fuggles +6.06. The plus sign is to show how much more per pound that NCM is then bcrosbyhops.com.

I will still request a quote from NCM but like I said a couple of posts ago I don't think we will end up going with NCM due to the price differences.

Hey Bobby, here it is...
1# Cascade
1# Galena

Looking to split:
1# German Hallertau
1# US Northern Brewer
1# US Tettnanger
1# Centennial
1# Willamette

if, for whatever reason styrian goldings arent available thru Bcrosby....I would take 1/2 # of the golding (us) they have listed. I'd prefer the styian goldings though, and I'd like 1# of those.

I would be in for some of the German Hallertauer

I talked to a guy at work today and he would be down for some German Hallertauer as well. Want to split 2# three ways? He threw me $20 and said get him whatever...5-8% AA (or lower)....brews hefes. Any other suggestions for him? ...Mt. Hood, Liberty?

bobby, what is still available to complete the order?

I have this as my order atm...
1# Willamette
1# Nugget
1# Goldings (Styrian or US)
4oz Northern Brewer (would be willing to take on 4 more if needed)
4oz Liberty
4oz Cascade (willing to take on 4 or 8 more based on need)

All of the moment all of the splits are spoken for, unless we open any new ones. I have e-mailed the owner at bcrosbyhops.com and I will update everyone when I get the quote back from him. We may end up buying the cascades from NCM if bcrosbyhops.com doesn't come close to matching the price.

11# Cascades @ 6.30/lb
7# Centennials @ 7.95/lb
4# Williamette @ 5.50/lb
1# US Goldings @ 10.00/lb
1# German Perle @ 10.00/lb
3# US Northern Brewer @ 7.95/lb
1# Crystal - out
2# Nugget @ 7.00/lb
2# German Hallertauer @ 10.00/lb
1# Liberty @ 10.00/lb
2# Galena @ 6.75/lb
2# Chinook @ 9.00/lb
1# Columbus @ 6.00/lb
1# Cluster @ 9.50/lb
1# US Tennanger @ 9.50/lb
2# Styrian Goldings @ 12.90/lb
1# Magnum @ 9.50/lb

Freight - $44.12

Now that we have a price per pound and what our freight is going to look like, I think we should leave it open till the end of the week. I know that I might add some stuff to my order after looking at the prices.

Since they are out of Crystal I will change and add to my order.

1# Cascades
1# Centennials
1# Williamette
1# US Northern Brewer
1# Galena
1# Styrian Goldings

Can everybody post what they ordered so that I can be sure that I have what you ordered down right?

We are currently at 9# of Centennials, if we can get 2 more pound I think the price will come down a little.

^ that was what I want but I want to change amounts and add Williamette.

My new order

2# Cascade
2# Magnum
2# Centenial
1# Williamette

The only issue is the Cascades. The reason the price is so low is because we are buying it in an 11# bag. I have one other guy who wants a pound, so unless somebody steps up and takes 9# then I will only be able to order you the 1# you first told me about.

The only issue is the Cascades. The reason the price is so low is because we are buying it in an 11# bag. I have one other guy who wants a pound, so unless somebody steps up and takes 9# then I will only be able to order you the 1# you first told me about.

That's fine cause I just checked my fridge and realized that I have Cascade and chinook rhizomes. :homer: :drunk:

If only I could get the ever elusive Citra rhizome.

My order...

1# Willamette
1# Nugget
1.25# Northern Brewer
1# Styrian Golding
1# Centennials
4 oz Liberty
4 oz Cascade

I'm in for:
1# Willamette
1# Hallertau
1# Centennial
1/2# Cascade
1/2# Northern Brewer
1/2# Tettnanger

We have 1 more # of Centennials still available. Once we get to 11 pounds of them the order will close on them. We do have 4 more # of Williamette that can be ordered and the price is just too good to pass up.

Maybe my math is off, but I think we have three pounds of Willamette left (assuming an 11 lb bundle).

We are now at 57# of hops. 8# of Willamette are spoken for, does anybody want some? We don't have to buy 11# of it, the price is already freaking great:ban:

I just found out that they have some US Fuggels, but are out of UK Fuggels. I am going to add some US Fuggels and some Czech Saaz to my order.

Latest posts

Back