Ten fidy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
The brewshop is attached to a liqour store / beer wine store... I mentioned ten fidy imperial stout and the brew shop guy said they had it next door.... went next door to grab a 4 pack and try it.. guy handed me the 4 pack and I mentioned I was getting ready to try to brew it and he said that if I wanted a better example dig around for a 2013 4 pack.. then he said wait a minute I will be right back... he came back with a 4 pack that was canned 10-15-12.... According to him the older the better with this stuff.. he had this one back for himself..... now to get it cold and try it.

what do you think about ten fidy? i did not care for it at all..i stick with dales from oskar blues

I really like Ten Fidy, but I don't care for Dales Pale.

I would have to agree though, that a Ten Fidy with some age on it is better than a fresh one.

As long as it was stored properly, I'd say the guy did you a real solid by giving you a pack with some age on it.

I have never tried it.. my buddy out west raves about it so I dug around on here and found a recipe..

The gas station across the border in Ohio has a decent craft selection. I bought ten fidy there a few weeks ago. Good stuff!

All of Oskar Blues' regular line is widely available here in Northern California. Their "house flavor" tends towards thick, sweet and high-ABV... to my palate, this works out great Ten Fidy, but makes Dale's, and especially G'Knight, seem almost like half-a**'ed barleywines, and not in a good way.

...but, yeah, back on topic, a beer like that will definitely improve with age; wax a few of those bombers and put 'em somewhere you'll forget about 'em for a couple years.

I think ten fidy is quality brew flavor and aroma is good just way too frickn thick and a little on the sweet side

...but, yeah, back on topic, a beer like that will definitely improve with age; wax a few of those bombers and put 'em somewhere you'll forget about 'em for a couple years.

They can their beers, fwiw. They even have imperial pint single serve cans, which are pretty cool.

I have to agree that the "sweet" flavors don't do very well in some of their beers, I don't mind the thickness though.

just popped the first one...should have had more patience and let it chill longer. THICK pour almost like chocolate milk.. pretty boozy taste and honestly more harsh than I expected but good. very chocolatey but with a bite.

Brought home a growler of ten fidy a month back. didn't last long. Thats good stuff.

I actually brewed an imperial based loosely off a recipe I found of this beer. Actually won a small competition with it for best in style. Mine was mega boozy tasting before it got a bit of age on it. I actually thought ten fidy itself was a real nice in your face kind of imperial.

I cook with Ten Fidy a lot. Use it as a base in a lot of sauces for BBQs in the summer among other things.

Back