Tempeture question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sub1427

Reaction score
My brew in in the secondary now, when it was fermenting my basement was around 70-72 which was perfect, now that its hotter out we arent running the heat so my basement is around 63-65, is this ok for the beer or should i move it to a warmer place?

sub1427 said:
My brew in in the secondary now, when it was fermenting my basement was around 70-72 which was perfect, now that its hotter out we arent running the heat so my basement is around 63-65, is this ok for the beer or should i move it to a warmer place?
for secondary, this is a great temperature... even for primary, this is not bad, since the temperature inside your fermenter during active fermentation will be about 5deg (sometimes even up to 10deg) warmer than ambient temp...

edit: :ninja:

its a belgain white clone, although its looking more amber right now i really dont see it turning a white/ hazy color, although it tastes delicious, i just think i stirred too much when i should have just left it alone.

Back